This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site on the shores of Lake Ohrid, with lake beach
- A 10-minute drive from Pogradec and 15 minutes from Lin
- Fishing area, kitchen, and restaurant serving freshly caught fish
‘Fish camp’ is the literal translation of the name Camping Peshku – and it’s a most fitting moniker for this peaceful site in colourful gardens on the banks of Lake Ohrid, 10 minutes’ walk from the village of Udënisht and 10 minutes’ drive from the larger town of Pogradec.
It’s not just the lakeside setting that lends this Vlorë site its name – it’s more the dedicated fishing area where guests can try their luck at catching something tasty to cook for dinner at the communal kitchen. If you’re not so skilful with a fishing rod, you needn’t miss out – site staff are pretty nifty at catching critters for the restaurant’s grill (and, as a bonus, leaving it to the experts means more time for you to spend relaxing on the site’s lake beach or picking a spot to gaze out at the views).
And what views they are, for Lake Ohrid is a most scenic place to hang out. If you’re not content to sit still on site, you can hire boats to potter about and see a bit more. There’s also bike hire for those who’d like to work up an appetite by taking a ride on the 15-kilometre path that passes the site en route to the pretty village of Lin and the natural waterways of Drilon (although you can also do these trips by bus if you’d rather).
For time spent on site, facilities include a wifi connection, a launderette and a toilet block with showers.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
The lake’s the big draw of course, so you’ll want to max out on as many views as poss. Start by heading along to Pogradec (10 minutes’ drive), a resort town with a sandy beach to sprawl on, then keep going to Drilon (20 minutes) to wander among canals and gorgeous greenery.
Turn sights north instead and it’s a 15-minute drive to the little fishing village of Lin, to see its ancient mosaics before a lake paddle and a fresh fish lunch by the water. For one of the lake’s most famed sights, the stunning St Naum Monastery, your half-hour drive will need to involve skipping over the border into Northern Macedonia.
Away from the lake, other days out might include hikes in the Prespa National Park (45 minutes), a pilgrimage to the royal tombs of Selca e Sipërme (an hour and a half) or city wanderings in Korçë (50 minutes), the pretty ‘Paris of Albania’. Start at the country’s largest Orthodox cathedral, then move on to arty museums, a famed brewery and lots of little cafés and restaurants.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Peshku have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Peshku dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Peshku? The lake’s the big draw of course, so you’ll want to max out on as many views as poss. Start by heading along to Pogradec (10 minutes’ drive), a resort town with … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Peshku?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 12:30 p.m.