This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Simple site outside Orikum, with beach and Ceraunian Mountains views
- A half-hour drive to Vlorë city, Aulona Luna Park and Mount Çika
- On-site dining and beach access; five-minutes’ walk to shops and bars
For exceptional views of the Adriatic Sea and distant mountains, plus a comfortable base to chill for a few nights, take a look at Baro Beach, a well-kept seaside site five minutes’ drive outside the small town of Orikum in southern Albania.
Conveniently located just off the major SH8 road, Baro Beach is also a clever stopover if you’re long-distance touring, as the ferry to Brindisi in Italy docks in Vlorë (half an hour’s drive), Albania’s third largest city.
Simple amenities on site include a free wifi connection, well-maintained toilets and showers. Barbecues are allowed if you want to go down the self-catering route, and you can stock up on supplies at the handy supermarket and other food shops in Orikum.
If cooking is off your agenda, no problem. The on-site restaurant has got you covered morning until night, with breakfast, lunch and dinner options including generous servings of freshly caught fish or veggies straight from the owners’ garden. And if you fancy a night out, head for Orikum’s beach bars and seafood restaurants.
A young and friendly team is on hand to suggest sightseeing trips in the local area. Mountain drives, pebble beaches and historic sites are all ready and waiting for you, while fishing trips can be arranged too.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: one group at a time
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitising stations
Meal delivery to unit/pitch/outdoor seated area
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Keep the kids entertained – and hopefully wear them out at the same time – splashing in the waves and running about on Baro Beach or stroll down to Jet Ski Vlora Club MarMarine (both five minutes’ walk) to hire jetskis and zoom along the coastline. If they have behaved really well, treat them to dodgem cars and mini-train rides at Aulona Luna Park (30 minutes’ drive).
To up the activity levels and explore this lovely corner of Albania, get your walking boots on and hike the forests and slopes of Llogara National Park (20 minutes), known for its spectacular views of the Albanian Riviera beaches, or take up the challenge to summit Mount Çika (30 minutes), the highest peak in the Ceraunian Mountains.
Don’t fancy that or need some down time? Slope off to the beach at Orikum (five minutes) for a crafty sundowner, or join the crowds at Bora Bora beach club (10 minutes) for a cocktail or two and gentle swims in calm seas.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Baro Beach have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Baro Beach dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Baro Beach? Keep the kids entertained – and hopefully wear them out at the same time – splashing in the waves and running about on Baro Beach or stroll down to Jet Ski Vlora … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Baro Beach?
Camping and touring Arrive: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 12 p.m.