This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic site on the shores of Ohrid Lake, with private sandy beach
- A 10-minute drive from the centre of Pogradec; 40 minutes from Korçë
- Bar-restaurant serving local food; terrace with spectacular lake views
Is lazing about on a quiet sandy stretch within easy reach of both splashing swims and city days your idea of paradise? Well, there are heavenly hols to be had indeed at Camping Fabio, a family-friendly (and family-focused) site less than 10 minutes’ drive from the centre of Pogradec in Korçë county.
The small and peaceful spot is well placed on the shores of the spectacular Lake Ohrid (which is shared with the neighbouring country of North Macedonia), and the private beach guests can access right from site makes strolls along the sand, lounging under the Albanian sun and paddling in the water an absolute cinch.
Landlubbers might prefer drier days exploring Drilon National Park – where there are boats to hire and animals to spot – or crossing the border into North Macedonia for scuba diving, mountain bike trails, paragliding, kayaking and canoeing in National Park Galicica (both are about five minutes away).
For a taste of local eats, there’s no need to go far either: an on-site bar-restaurant – which has stunning views of the lake and the colourful sunsets hereabouts – serves traditional food from the area around Pogradec, and barbecues (and campfires) are welcome on site when something home-cooked appeals.
There are also plenty of restaurants in Pogradec, roughly 10 minutes from base.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
This is a spot well-chosen for avid travellers: the border with North Macedonia is just five minutes’ drive from the site, and northern parts of Greece are within an hour.
It’s a regular history fest in North Macedonia, starting with the spectacular 16th-century Saint Naum Monastery 15 minutes away, continuing to Bay of Bones Museum (a reconstruction of an ancient lake-top dwelling, 30 minutes from base) and travelling on to the UNESCO-listed city of Ohrid, with its scenic Old Town, looming fortress and Greek amphitheatre.
Greece holds its own in the historical stakes too, with the city of Kastoria – an hour and a half away, on the shores of Lake Orestiada – boasting folklore, Byzantine and costume museums, as well as the Dragon’s Cave, where fossils were found of 10,000-year-old bears.
Closer at hand, days in the great wide open are easily reached. Stunning scenery abounds at Qafë Thanë (a mountain pass half an hour north of the site), at the summit of Guri i Kamjes (35 minutes) – where it’s rumoured the treasure of Queen Teuta is hidden – and in Prespa National Park, 45 minutes away.
For city days, make tracks for Korçë (40 minutes) to explore the museum of medieval art and visit the 18th-century clock tower, or opt for the two hour 15 minute journey to the capital, Tirana for its zoo, museums, gardens and castle.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Camping Fabio cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Fabio have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Fabio dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Fabio? This is a spot well-chosen for avid travellers: the border with North Macedonia is just five minutes’ drive from the site, and northern parts of Greece are within an hour. It’s a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Fabio?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime