This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Simple wild camping site on re-wilding land near Beaumaris, Anglesey
- Beaumaris Castle five minutes’ drive; Lleiniog beach 30 minutes’ walk
- Livestock and wildlife on site; adjoins Aberlleiniog nature reserve
Shelter and seclusion shall be yours at Glan Y Llyn Camping, in a gorgeous rural location in the Isle of Anglesey village of Llangoed. This small, secluded site is on an enclosed meadow, surrounded by trees and a couple of minutes' walk from the nearest secure parking (keeping cars off site other than dropping off kit means supreme peace and safety, of course…).
Livestock on site includes ducks, chickens, ponies, sheep and pygmy goats – the owners are more than happy to give guests a guided tour to meet some of the animals, so please ask when you arrive.
All verges and hedges are left uncut to encourage bees, and wildlife thrives in this untamed setting. If you keep your eyes peeled when moving around the site, you might be lucky enough to spot red squirrels and rabbits at ground level or birds of prey soaring overhead. And right next door is the 32-acre Aberlleiniog nature reserve, with woodland walks leading to the ruins of a medieval castle.
The Brenin and Lleiniog rivers run alongside the camping field, and a short walk along the banks of the latter brings you to Lleiniog beach, with cracking views across the Menai Strait.
Simple facilities on site include a composting loo and gas-powered shower plus a small sink for washing up with hot and cold running water. A couple of house rules: please respect the quiet hours between 10pm and 7am, and please only drive to your pitch for unloading and packing up. At all other times, park off site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Dave was brilliant. Really accommodating.free wood and eggs.
Absolutely beautiful lovely owners
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Distance markers in shared facilities
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Coach Park — 11.0 miles
11.0 miles Station — 11.3 miles
- Train stations
Llanfairfechan Rail Station
— 4.8 miles
4.8 miles Bangor (Gwynedd) Rail Station — 5.3 miles
5.3 miles Penmaenmawr Rail Station — 6.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Holyhead Ferry Terminal
— 22.7 miles
— 18.9 miles
Into your hiking? All manner of coastal and woodland walks lead off from the camping field. You can walk sections of the looped Anglesey Coastal Path, or stroll from Lleiniog beach all the way along to Penmon Point (45 minutes’ walk) to spot the black-and-white striped lighthouse and the little islet of Carreg Edwen. If you’d prefer to explore on four legs, you can ride along the seashore from Anglesey Riding Centre (half an hour’s drive).
History abounds in these parts too; from your tent you can stroll around ruined Aberlleiniog Castle (20 minutes’ walk) and peek into the vaulted chapel at ancient St Seiriol’s Priory Church (50 minutes), while moated Beaumaris Castle (five minutes’ drive) is open for self-guided tours of its ramparts.
Chances are if you’re travelling with kids that they’ll be chomping at the bit to get down to the beach – and luckily you’re spoilt for choice on Anglesey. Rhosneigr’s beaches (35 minutes) are spot on for swimming and surfing, while Traeth Llanddwyn (45 minutes) offers Snowdonia views along with picnic spots in the dunes, and sandy Trearddur Bay (40 minutes) is another watersports hotspot.
- Beaumaris Castle (2.1 miles)
- Penrhyn Castle (7.1 miles)
- Great Orme Tramway (10.5 miles)
- Plas Newydd Country House and Gardens (8.5 miles)
- Aberconwy House (10.5 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||1 p.m. –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Glan Y Llyn Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Glan Y Llyn Camping on arrival.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Glan Y Llyn Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Glan Y Llyn Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Glan Y Llyn Camping? Into your hiking? All manner of coastal and woodland walks lead off from the camping field. You can walk sections of the looped Anglesey Coastal Path, or stroll from Lleiniog beach all … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Glan Y Llyn Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.