This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glampsite in the Nant Gwynant valley, at the foot of Snowdon
- A 300-metre stroll from the start of the Watkin Path
- A 35-minute drive from all Zip World Bounce Below attractions
There's quite the Welsh welcome at Bryn Dinas Camping Pods at the foot of Snowdon. ‘Perfect’, ‘amazing’, ‘wonderful’ and ‘brilliant’ are among the many accolades from former guests about this site, including such lavish praise of helpful owner Claire that it’s been known to make the good lady blush.
Location location location first: Bryn Dinas is in the Nant Gwynant valley (and easily reached by car as it’s on the A498), and is a quick skip of 300 metres to the Watkin Path, probably the prettiest path you'll see up to the summit of Snowdon. (Most randomly, the Watkin Path was also where parts of Carry On Up the Khyber were filmed; keep an eye out for the commemorative plaque.)
Site next: set in mountain woodland, Bryn Dinas is set up for guests who like camping but also like extra little touches here and there: there's a spotless bathroom block for guests' use, along with a dedicated storage area for your bike, canoe or kayak; a laundry and a drying room for wet clothes and boots, and a communal area with access to a PC, printer and wifi (for a small charge). There’s also a kitchenette for making snacks, equipped with a fridge, toaster, microwave and sink.
Packed lunches can be requested in advance, while those looking for a pub dinner with style can make their way to the Saracen’s Head a couple of miles away in Beddgelert; there have been some striking accolades about that too...
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
D. of E. welcome
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Small (11-25 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.4 miles
7.4 miles Tesco — 7.9 miles
7.9 miles Sportsman — 7.9 miles
- Train stations
Blaenau Ffestiniog Rail Station
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Roman Bridge Rail Station — 5.5 miles
5.5 miles Tan-y-Bwlch Ffestiniog Railway Station — 5.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Barmouth Ferry Landing
— 21.6 miles
21.6 miles Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing — 21.9 miles
— 25.3 miles
You mightn't normally think that a nice idea on holiday is to go and see the grave of a dead dog, but the legend of medieval hound Gelert might induce a lump in the throat, so yes, you should. Lore has it that the loyal pooch is buried to the south of the scenic mountain village Beddgelert (the name means ‘Gelert’s grave’), and Claire and team have labelled a look at this as a local must-see.
If your boots are made for walking and you want to leave the car behind when looking for a good hike, the Snowdon Sherpa bus runs past the start of the Watkin Path and links the six main routes that go up to the summit, stopping off at Snowdonia’s most popular spots like Porthmadog and Caernarfon.
For those not tackling the Watkin Path, the Snowdon Mountain Railway does the journey to the summit in style; get on at the station in Llanberis 15 minutes from Bryn Dinas. Trainspotters also have the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Steam Railway to puff along on, which runs through Beddgelert to Porthmadog (one way) or Caernarfon Castle (the other).
- Snowdon Mountain Railway (6.6 miles)
- National Slate Museum (6.6 miles)
- Welsh Highland Railway (Porthmadog) (7.8 miles)
- Ty^ Mawr Wybrnant (8.8 miles)
- Plas Newydd Country House and Gardens (13.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Bryn Dinas Camping Pods have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bryn Dinas Camping Pods dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bryn Dinas Camping Pods? You mightn't normally think that a nice idea on holiday is to go and see the grave of a dead dog, but the legend of medieval hound Gelert might induce a lump … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Bryn Dinas Camping Pods?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 12 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.
We operate a self check in and details of which Pod you will be staying in and / or key location will be be e mailed to you at least 24 hours before your stay.Read more
There is a reception on site which is staffed in the daytime but there is no staff member on site overnight. There is an emergency telephone contact for out of hour