This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Luxury glamping and bushcraft experiences on an Iron Age hill fort
- Snowdonia National Park within 30 minutes’ drive; 50 mins to Chester
- Furnished bell tents with kitchens, firepits, logburning stoves
Is it time for a hol in north Wales? If the answer’s a resounding yes, march directly towards The Forge for glamping at the foot of an Iron Age hill fort from which lovely sunsets can be seen across Denbighshire...
This stellar site is also home to carpeted bell tents with real beds, lush linens and cosy cushions, as well as woodburning stoves to keep you at a comfy temperature all year round. Each unit sits on a private deck – excellent for sunny snoozes – and has a kitchen supplied with running water and a gas hob, along with wine glasses and candles to help you create an atmospheric setup when it comes to eating in the open air.
Hot showers and private, eco-conscious composting toilets are also on hand, plus guests will have their own firepit for grilling up meals alfresco using ingredients from the organic farm shop about five minutes’ drive away. They can also gather their own freshly laid eggs for breakfast, feed the hens in the morning, pick seasonal fruit and veg, and get a lesson on how to make chutneys and jams.
Sticking with the great outdoors, you can get to know the local nature by signing up for a course from the Wild Bushcraft Company based on The Forge’s grounds, or easily head off on DIY tours of the Dee valley and Snowdonia National Park (both around a half an hour’s drive).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Really friendly helpful
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Parade Street 2
— 7.8 miles
7.8 miles Alma Road — 11.4 miles
11.4 miles Crossroads Stores — 11.5 miles
- Train stations
Chirk Rail Station
— 12.8 miles
12.8 miles Ruabon Rail Station — 12.9 miles
12.9 miles Gwersyllt Rail Station — 14.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 30.8 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 31.2 miles
For strolls straight from the site, set off along the Clwydian and Tegid ways; for urban forays, the Roman amphitheatre of Chester and the dockside bars and restaurants of Liverpool are reachable in 50 minutes or an hour and 10 minutes.
Back over the border in north Wales, this area’s known for its watersports, with some mighty rivers for rafting on (you can start off from The National White Water Centre a 25-minute drive away) and an inland tidal lagoon for surfing at Adventure Parc Snowdonia (50 minutes). The Rhaeadr Y Graig Lwyd can be checked out within half an hour.
If you’d rather eat than expend energy, award-winning takeaways and Michelin-starred restaurants are within 15 minutes’ drive of the site; once you’ve filled up, head off for some history at Slate Mountain (50 minutes away) to learn all about the quarrying culture of this traditional mining area then return to the park to pull a novel from the book exchange and have a relaxing read...
- Bodelwyddan Castle (19.1 miles)
- Rhuddlan Castle (20.6 miles)
- Chester Castle (23.0 miles)
- Chirk Castle (11.8 miles)
- Ty^ Mawr Wybrnant (20.7 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Forge have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Forge dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Forge? For strolls straight from the site, set off along the Clwydian and Tegid ways; for urban forays, the Roman amphitheatre of Chester and the dockside bars and restaurants of Liverpool are reachable … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Forge?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.