This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Adults-only accommodation in the grounds of a quiet north Wales farm
- A 15-minute drive from Colwyn Bay; 20 minutes from Conwy
- In a former hayloft with kitchen, woodburner and ensuite bedroom
It's a cosy place to make one's nest is The Nuthatch – this converted hayloft is in peaceful North Wales countryside, close to Colwyn Bay, Conwy and Snowdonia National Park. Sleeping two, it makes a splendid spot for grownup getaways in a secluded farm setting.
The Nuthatch is set over a single spacious floor accessible via six steps. The accommodation's stone walls are exposed both inside and out, and not just for show: those traditional thick walls serve to keep you cool in summer and toasty in winter. There's also a logburning stove on hand to keep you cosy on cooler evenings – the first basket of wood is included, and you can buy others from the site staff as and when you need a top-up.
The layout of the property includes a bright living room and kitchen area, where there's ample room for relaxing on the sofa or cooking up self-catered meals on the handy two-ring hob. The ensuite bedroom comes complete with clean and fresh linen and towels. Wifi is available throughout.
Pentre Du Farm, where The Nuthatch is located, has some pretty special views over the surrounding countryside and is home to a troop of curious cows. It's close to the small village of Llysfaen (a couple of minutes' drive), where there's a local food shop and a takeaway. Mynydd Marian Local Nature Reserve is about 20 minutes away on foot, while the coast is 10 minutes by car.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Perfect base for a North Wales holiday!
Really clean accommodation, staff friendly and so helpful.
Friendly host clean and well equipped
Absolutely loved our stay at the nuthatch! Was super cosy …
Comfy bed, cosy, tranquil peaceful area, friendly hosts
Lovely location, quiet. Friendly welcome. Field of cows on the …
Lovely hayloft, clean, cosy and had everything we needed. Weather …
Outstanding hosts, breathtaking views. Very clean
We had such a lovely time, beautiful setting and lovely people
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 3.1 miles
3.1 miles Post Office — 3.2 miles
3.2 miles County Court — 3.5 miles
- Train stations
Abergele & Pensarn Rail Station
— 3.1 miles
3.1 miles Colwyn Bay Rail Station — 3.4 miles
3.4 miles Glan Conwy Rail Station — 6.1 miles
- Ferry ports
Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 27.6 miles
27.6 miles Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal — 27.8 miles
27.8 miles Seacombe Ferry Terminal — 27.9 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 33.3 miles
Avid cyclist? Get set for some time in the saddle along National Cycle Route 5, a long-distance route 15 minutes away from The Nuthatch by bike. The coastal section closest to the property is fully free of cars, but if you don't mind some on-road sections you can pedal all the way down to scenic isle of Anglesey (or drive there in just over half an hour).
Conwy (15 minutes' drive) is perhaps best known for its castle, historic Plas Mawr house and a 16th-century cottage that stakes a credible claim to being the smallest dwelling in all of Great Britain. Following all that sightseeing, head out of town for a spin around Conwy Caernarvonshire Golf Club (20 minutes) or stroll in nearby Snowdonia National Park (from 20 minutes).
After animals? A vast array of marine creatures can be found at SeaQuarium Rhyl (25 minutes), while the Welsh Mountain Zoo (15 minutes) houses a happy collection of land-dwelling beasts. Fond of flora? Bodnant Garden (20 minutes) and the lush grounds of Bodelwyddan Castle (15 minutes) should be your places to go.
- Bodelwyddan Castle (6.3 miles)
- Bodnant Garden (6.8 miles)
- Conwy Castle (7.3 miles)
- Bodnant Garden (6.8 miles)
- Aberconwy House (7.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Nuthatch have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Nuthatch dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Nuthatch? Avid cyclist? Get set for some time in the saddle along National Cycle Route 5, a long-distance route 15 minutes away from The Nuthatch by bike. The coastal section closest to the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Nuthatch?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.