This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Dog-friendly site in a wildlife haven on the banks of the River Vyrnwy
- A 20-minute drive from both Welshpool and Lake Vyrnwy
- Firepit area for each pitch; access to kitchen and modern bathrooms
Camp Plas is a rural site on a working farm in the Powys countryside, about 20 minutes’ drive from Welshpool.
This is a proper little wildlife haven, with pitches in a wildflower meadow right on the banks of the River Vyrnwy. Even the most casual of birdwatchers should try to pack the binoculars for a trip here, as there are all sorts of feathered visitors to keep your eyes open for (dippers, grey wagtails, flycatchers and wood warblers among them). Four species of owl frequent the place too, and a night cam in one of the barns will help you catch glimpses of the barn owls.
The surrounding area is just as special too: the site owners recommend walkers head out to Allt Dolanog (next to the site), venture up to Lake Vyrnwy or look out for local waterfalls. Horse riders may alternatively like to take to the Rainbow Trails, 10 minutes’ drive away: there’s a paddock on site that welcomes visiting horses but you’ll need to book a space in advance.
Facilities on site include a communal kitchen area with gas hob and space to eat, and a bathroom block that has individual toilets and free warm showers. On top of that each pitch has its own firepit area for evenings of outdoor cookery, fireside chat and stargazing.
Open from 01/04/2021 to 31/10/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Amazing, location, people, views, facilities. Highly recommend.
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 11.2 miles
11.2 miles Nag`s Head Hotel — 12.2 miles
12.2 miles Nag`s Head Hotel — 12.2 miles
- Train stations
Welshpool Rail Station
— 11.2 miles
11.2 miles Caersws Rail Station — 13.4 miles
13.4 miles Newtown (Powys) Rail Station — 14.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 27.5 miles
27.5 miles Barmouth Ferry Landing — 27.7 miles
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 48.9 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Allt Dolanog (waterfall walk): 10 minutes’ walk
- Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway: 15 minutes’ drive
- Lake Vyrnwy: 20 minutes
- Llanfyllin Workhouse: 20 minutes
- Powis Castle and Garden: half an hour
- Glansevern Hall Gardens: half an hour
- Revolution Bike Park: half an hour
- Pistyll Rhaeadr (waterfall): 40 minutes.
- Powis Castle & Garden (10.6 miles)
- MOMA Wales - Y Tabernacl (21.0 miles)
- Chirk Castle (20.1 miles)
- Carding Mill Valley and the Shropshire Hills (26.4 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Camp Plas have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camp Plas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camp Plas? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Allt Dolanog (waterfall walk): 10 minutes’ walk - Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway: 15 minutes’ drive - Lake Vyrnwy: 20 minutes - Llanfyllin Workhouse: 20 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camp Plas?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.