This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small peaceful site with spectacular countryside views
- Village shop, play park and several pubs within a 10-minute drive
- Tearoom on site with free wifi
The Old Station Caravan Park is a small family-run park situated on the old railway station at New Radnor. We're an ideal site for walking, biking or simply relaxing in the beautiful scenery of mid Wales with superb views of the countryside.
My husband John and I have been at the caravan park since 2004 and our aim has been to preserve its serenity and history.
We have updated the park over time, adding facilities such as laundry and washing-up areas. The touring pitches have been upgraded with electric hook-ups to accommodate caravans, trailer tents and motorhomes. Tents are also welcome.
Our new tearoom is open to visitors to enjoy tea, coffee and cakes, and to use the free wifi connection.
- Electric hook-ups
- Utilities room with laundry, washing-up facilities and freezer use
- Small on-site shop stocking essential items and OS maps
- Fresh drinking water supply
- Recycling bins
- Chemical toilet disposal point
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 20.5 miles
20.5 miles Post Office — 21.0 miles
21.0 miles Bus Shelter — 21.1 miles
- Train stations
Dolau Rail Station
— 6.3 miles
6.3 miles Llanbister Road Rail Station — 7.4 miles
7.4 miles Pen-y-Bont Rail Station — 7.8 miles
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 45.4 miles
— 48.5 miles
The site is on the A44 six miles from Kington. Take the left turn just before the entrance to New Radnor Village. If following a satnav it will take you down School Lane - you don't need to go this way. Ring the owners if you're unsure.
Elan Valley Dams
The Red Kite Feeding Centre at Rhayader
The Judge's Lodgings Museum at Presteigne
Hay-on-Wye, the town of books
Water-Break-Its-Neck at New Radnor
The village of New Radnor is a short walk away. Here you will find a village shop. There is also a play park and tennis court.
Good food is served at all the local pubs - we are happy to recommend places to eat.
If you are interested in golfing there are many good courses locally – the nearest being Kington just six miles away.
- Stokesay Castle (18.9 miles)
- Ludlow Castle (20.2 miles)
- Powis Castle & Garden (28.6 miles)
- Cwmmau Farmhouse (6.7 miles)
- Croft Castle and Parkland (14.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Old Station Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Old Station Caravan Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Old Station Caravan Park? Elan Valley Dams The Red Kite Feeding Centre at Rhayader The Judge's Lodgings Museum at Presteigne Hay-on-Wye, the town of books Water-Break-Its-Neck at New Radnor The village of New Radnor is a … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Old Station Caravan Park?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.