This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Alternative accommodation on a spacious site in rural west Wales
- A 20-minute drive from Aberaeron; 30 from Aberystwyth
- Woodland walks and a stream on site; 15 minutes' walk from a pub
This green and scenic site has a few things you'd expect from the west Wales countryside (like lush meadows, a stream and proximity to hills and the coast) and others (like solar USB charging, yurts and high-spec shepherd's huts) you might not.
Pentref Luxury Camping takes its title from the Welsh word for 'village', a fitting name indeed given the community-focused vibe on site. Here it's all about trust – hence the handy honesty shop for holiday essentials – and taking care of the environment, which is behind this place's use of renewables and leave-no-trace ethos. The village of Penuwch (15 minutes' walk) is also just down the road if you fancy hanging out with the locals at one of its two pubs.
The well-equipped accommodation here comes with a woodburner, bedding, walking maps and comfy seating inside and out, helping you to travel light and settle down with ease. Dogs are absolutely welcome to come and snuggle down here too – they're pretty sure to appreciate the peaceful woodland strolls that you'll no doubt get up to over the course of your stay. Pentref Luxury Camping also has shared facilities, like the well-kept washroom, and a campfire area.
Tregaron (15 minutes) is the nearest town, where useful amenities like a well-stocked grocer's shop and takeaway can be found.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
lovely stay, perfect to explore mid wales coast from! Thanks :-)
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
More frequent emptying of bins
No cash accepted on site
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
We're Good To Go (VisitBritain accreditation)
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
Horse riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 11.7 miles
11.7 miles Penllwyn PO — 11.7 miles
11.7 miles Bus Station — 12.1 miles
- Train stations
Aberystwyth Rail Station
— 12.0 miles
12.0 miles Borth Rail Station — 17.3 miles
17.3 miles Cynghordy Rail Station — 18.5 miles
- Ferry ports
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 32.8 miles
— 44.1 miles
Surf's up at AberAdventures (45 minutes' drive), a well-regarded watersports school just north of Aberystwyth. You can book in for a class with cheery and knowledgeable instructors at this family-friendly spot, who will kit you out and get you riding the waves in no time. After working up an appetite, head south to Aberaeron harbour (20 minutes from site) to sample tasty seafood while watching the boats bobbing by.
Many kids, grownups and teens (though they may be reluctant to admit it) also go dotty for the Vale of Rheidol Railway (30 minutes), a stonkingly scenic steam train that runs from the coast to inland beauty spots like the Mynach Falls and Devil's Punchbowl. At Aberystwyth's cool cliff railway (30 minutes), a few minutes' walk away from where the Rheidol line terminates, you can get a further dose of locomotive nostalgia.
Wales has a lot of strong points, with its oodles of historic castles being one of them. It's about an hour's drive to Cardigan, but once you're in the neighbourhood you can tick off Cardigan Castle, Cilgerran Castle (an hour) and Newcastle Emlyn Castle (45 minutes), all of which are a few short miles apart.
- Llanerchaeron - National Trust (7.4 miles)
- Vale of Rheidol Railway (Aberystwyth) (11.8 miles)
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines - National Trust (14.2 miles)
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines (14.2 miles)
- Aberdeunant (24.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Pentref Luxury Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Pentref Luxury Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Pentref Luxury Camping? Surf's up at AberAdventures (45 minutes' drive), a well-regarded watersports school just north of Aberystwyth. You can book in for a class with cheery and knowledgeable instructors at this family-friendly spot, who … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Pentref Luxury Camping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.