This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic family-friendly site over 20 acres with lake and river access
- A five-minute drive to Ballaghaderreen and 15 minutes from Castlerea
- Fishing, fairy garden, games, wellness centre and equipped kitchen
For an action-packed schedule of things to do – both on and off site – come on down to Co Roscommon for family-friendly stays at scenic Willowbrook Glamping and Hideaways in green and peaceful countryside between Ballaghaderreen and Castlerea.
The amiable team at this park say there’s loads to do in the grounds to keep small guests off their phones. And how right they are: on offer are outdoor games like badminton and croquet; a fairy garden and a fairy door trail; a stone art scavenger hunt; summer art camps; Saturday morning art classes and piles of board games for indoor days.
For bigger guests, Willowbrook is also home to a wellness centre where therapies and classes like tai chi, massage and acupuncture are available by appointment, and the grounds include a 200-metre stretch of the River Lung for perch, trout, pike and roach fishing. If that doesn’t appeal, there’s a small lake to sit or nature spot at and plenty of room for roaming around the site’s 20 acres. There’s even a big hall to hand if you’re here for residential or training events...
If growling stomachs make an appearance after such busy days, a pizza house is available (buy a wood and pizza pack from the Willowbrook team and ask for tips on making your own stonebaked pizza) as well as a fully equipped guest kitchen for eats at other times.
Ballaghaderreen is five minutes' drive away – both it and Castlerea (15 minutes) have plenty of bars, cafés and restaurants if you want to dine out.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Great site with clean facilities and sensible covid guidelines.
Beautiful place to stay in the heart of the country …
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
If you were blown away by how much there is to do on site, wait till you get a rundown of what's on in the local area…
First things first: the Beara-Breifne Way is accessible within five minutes’ drive for tackling a long-distance walking and cycling trail, while the 15th-century Dominican settlement of Urlaur Abbey on the shores of Urlaur Lake is 20 minutes away if you'd rather a gentler stroll. Other historical sites hereabouts include the Rathcroghan complex and its hundreds of Iron Age archaeological sites within half an hour.
Interested in more current culture? The Coleman Music Centre interactive exhibition on the history of the country’s traditional music is 20 minutes’ drive and the restored Georgian-era King House Historical and Cultural Centre – home of the snazzy Boyle Civic Art collection – is within 35 minutes.
If you’re not sure the kids will be up for such high-class activities, the Graune Pet Farm And Play Centre is 25 minutes away; the Eagles Flying, Portinch interactive birds of prey show with eagles, hawks, falcons, vultures and owls is within 35 minutes; and the Lough Key Forest & Activity Park takes 45 minutes to get to.
- Does Willowbrook Glamping and Hideaways have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Willowbrook Glamping and Hideaways dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Willowbrook Glamping and Hideaways? If you were blown away by how much there is to do on site, wait till you get a rundown of what's on in the local area… First things first: the Beara-Breifne … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Willowbrook Glamping and Hideaways?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.