This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Off-grid site on a mushroom farm in rewilded Rutland countryside
- A 15-minute drive to Rutland Water, and 20 minutes to Belvoir Castle
- Outdoor kitchen and wildlife watching on site; pub a 30-minute walk
Totally off-grid, The Mushroom Farm Campsite feels like a proper pioneering camp. Set on the edge of an 11-acre reserve (which you’re free to wander, by the way), it’s at the end of a little track from the farming village of Thistleton in rural Rutland.
Off-grid it may be, but nevertheless there are a few creature comforts on hand. Each spacious pitch has a canvas tent with a proper double mattress (bedding and towels included) plus camp beds for the kids (please bring a roll mat, sleeping bag and towels for any extra children).
Outside, there’s a spot for campfires, a cooking shelter, gas stove, kitchen utensils and crockery. Oh, and your very own private bucket shower, composting toilet and solar lights. Fresh water is provided in large water containers.
Guests are given a number code for the gate and an info pack in their tent. The hosts are available by phone and are a 10-minute drive away if you have any problems.
This is not a manicured site and you’ll be sharing it with wildlife – frequent visitors include songbirds, red kites, kestrels, owls, bats, lizards, frogs and toads, snakes, rabbits and hares, muntjac deer, mice, foxes, dragonflies, butterflies, moths and beetles…
The camp is set on a mushroom farm with the young trees and large areas left to rewild. This means flowering thistles and uneven ground so it may not be suitable for babies, very young children or people with health conditions.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitising stations
More frequent emptying of bins
No cash accepted on site
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Public transport nearby
Tiny (1-10 pitches)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
— 10.0 miles
10.0 miles Bus Station — 10.8 miles
10.8 miles Town Hall — 11.5 miles
- Train stations
Oakham Rail Station
— 6.6 miles
6.6 miles Melton Mowbray Rail Station — 9.9 miles
9.9 miles Stamford Rail Station — 10.2 miles
- Ferry ports
West Lynn Ferry Landing
— 43.6 miles
East Midlands Airport
— 28.9 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- National Trust - Woolsthorpe Manor (birthplace of Sir Issac Newton): five minutes’ drive
- Yew Tree Avenue at Clipsham: 15 minutes
- Wymondham Windmill: 15 minutes
- Rutland Water Nature Reserve (boating, swimming): 15 minutes
- Golf: 20 minutes
- Stamford (Georgian town): 20 minutes
- Aqua Park Rutland: 20 minutes
- Belvoir Castle (shops and jousting): 20 minutes
- Burghley House (stately pile): 25 minutes
- Woolsthorpe Manor (3.9 miles)
- Barnsdale Gardens (4.8 miles)
- Grimsthorpe Castle, Park and Gardens (8.7 miles)
- Woolsthorpe Manor (3.9 miles)
- Grantham House (11.2 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
The Mushroom Farm Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. The Mushroom Farm Campsite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does The Mushroom Farm Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Mushroom Farm Campsite dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Mushroom Farm Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - National Trust - Woolsthorpe Manor (birthplace of Sir Issac Newton): five minutes’ drive - Yew Tree Avenue at Clipsham: 15 minutes - Wymondham Windmill: 15 minutes … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Mushroom Farm Campsite?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.