Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we find out about bookings?
Pitchup.com booking confirmation emails are immediately sent to the customer AND to the email address specified for your site (not the Manager's email address). Please check email regularly to ensure that last-minute bookings aren't a surprise! To find out how to copy other email addresses into your booking notification emails, click here.
We show all bookings in a 'Bookings' tab within your manager portal, and we automatically reduce your allocation - so you have full visibility of the remaining allocation.
You can download a spreadsheet of all your bookings over any date range, and they are also available as a live calendar feed.
- How does our booking system work?
Here's how the process works for bookable sites:
- Manager specifies pitch types, allocation, prices, extras and minimum-stay rules (all changeable at any time).
- Pitchup.com displays matching accommodation and prices to the user at the top of search results.
- We take the booking via a simple one-page booking form, taking our commission as a deposit, and send a confirmation email, copied to your email address. All bookings are also displayed in the "Bookings" tab across the top of your manager portal.
- Site collects the remaining balance from customer on arrival, or if you are signed up to Payup to collect payment in advance, the remaining balance will be automatically debited from the customer’s payment card on the payment ‘due date’. Pitchup.com calculates this using the payment date settings entered in your portal and the payment will be made direct to your Stripe account. Where the booking is payable ‘as soon as possible’, Pitchup.com will take the full payment at the time of booking and the balance payment will go directly into your Stripe account. You can specify your own cancellation and payment policies - all customisable on Pitchup.com.
- No further commission is due.
- How do I integrate with Pitchup.com?
By linking your booking system with Pitchup.com, it is easier than ever to take bookings through us. Your booking system can sync into our API to:
automatically add/update allocation as often as you like, giving unrestricted access to allocation without the fear of double bookings, retrieve customer bookings automatically, saving you time on manually keying in booking details to your system add/update your tariffs easily and quickly.
If your booking system requires a Pitchup.com API key, visit your manager portal and click on the down arrow next to ‘Me’ in the top right-hand corner. Then select the ‘My details’ option.
At the bottom of this page, you will see an API box – it is this API key you’ll need to use in your booking system.
Booking systems integrated with Pitchup.com
Allocation sent from booking system to Pitchup.com Bookings sent from Pitchup.com to booking system No Rates sent from booking system to Pitchup.com No No Payment status sent from Pitchup.com to booking system No No What next?* A Guide to Integrating Pitchup.com Step 1: Retrieve API key from Pitchup.com manager portal
Step 2: Visit Connecting Online Channels
Step 3: Visit Pitchup.com Information
Step 1: Retrieve API key from PU manager portal
Step 2: Email John or Richard at Almeira, who map units between two systems
Log in to your SuperControl account and go to Integrations > Channel manager > International for instructions on how to complete the integration * must be a completed listing on PU
We also offer two forms of calendar integration:
1. You can add to our allocation page a calendar feed of each unit of accommodation's availability. We refresh every 15 minutes. Contact us to enable this feature on your listing.
2. We can provide a calendar feed to you of Pitchup.com bookings, for insertion into your online calendar. You can download this from the bookings tab of your portal.
If you use another system, please click here for how to request integration from your booking system provider.
Are you a booking system provider interested in integration? Contact us.
- What is your commission?
There is no charge for using Pitchup.com. We only get paid when we send the bookings to you. Read more here.