This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet family-friendly site on a working smallholding
- Hire firepits, collect eggs and buy fresh produce from the farm
- Four miles from the Suffolk coast and near several nature reserves
Fancy a stay on a smashing Suffolk smallholding, in a traditional Suffolk village with a rather smashing pub – and all just four miles from a sandy beach on the fab Suffolk coast? Blaze up a campfire and help to feed the animals at The Shottisham Campsite, based in the village of the same name a few miles from Woodbridge. The sand and shingle beach, beach huts and pier of popular seaside resort Felixstowe are about seven miles away.
The Shottisham Campsite is part of a working smallholding home to rare breed sheep, pigs, alpacas and poultry, all of which guests are welcome to meet, greet and help feed as well as help to collect eggs from the site hens. Homemade preserves and free-range eggs and meat are available to buy from the site team, along with firewood: campfires are allowed on site in firepits, which are available for hire for guests.
Pitches are spread across several small fields bordered by native trees and bushes. Amenities include two small shower blocks with plenty of hot water powered by solar energy; washing-up areas; a chemical disposal point; waste and recycling bins and a fridge freezer for guests' use.
Dogs on secure leads are welcome and there's direct access from the site to walking trails through acres of heathland, forest and fields. Bike hire is available if you'd rather explore the area on wheels.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Small (11-25 sites)
- Coach stations
Trimley St Martin (Suffolk): Coach Stop
— 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Trimley St Mary (Suffolk): Coach Stop — 5.8 miles
5.8 miles Walton (Suffolk) Coach Stop — 5.8 miles
- Train stations
Woodbridge Rail Station
— 4.0 miles
4.0 miles Melton (Suffolk) Rail Station — 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Trimley Rail Station — 5.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Bawdsey Ferry Landing
— 4.2 miles
4.2 miles Felixstowe for Bawdsey Ferry Landing — 4.3 miles
4.3 miles Shotley Point Marina Ferry Landing — 8.0 miles
Norwich International Airport
— 43.0 miles
- From the A12 At the Melton roundabout, take the second exit onto A1152/Woods Lane
- Continue along the A1152 straight over the cross roads and over the railway crossing
- After passing the Wilford Bridge pub on the left, at the next roundabout, take the second exit onto B1083 for 4 miles
- Turn left at the T-junction into Shottisham, continue on passed the Sorrel Horse pub on the left
- St Margarets is about 100 metres further on, on the left. Look for a big sign on your left indicating St. Margarets House - thats it - you have arrived
The Shottisham Campsite is two miles from the River Deben, which can be explored via canoe or pleasure boat trip for lazy afternoons. If you'd rather make a break for the beach, the nearest sands are about four miles away and the resort of Felixstowe is within about seven. The handsome coastal town of Aldeburgh, home to a couple of top-rated fish and chip shops as well as fishermen's huts selling the latest catch, is also within easy reach.
About four miles away is the market town of Woodbridge, lying along the River Deben and near both the 3,700 acres and miles of bike trails of Rendlesham Forest and the fab ancient burial site of Sutton Hoo, famed as the most significant Anglo-Saxon site in the land.
Orford and Framlingham castles are also good old options in the area, or you could go wildlife watching instead, at one of the several nature reserves around including Orford Ness National Nature Reserve and RSPB Minsmere.
The Alde Estuary around Snape Maltings is another well-known spot for wildlife watching; after a nature spotting trip, trek into town to take in a show at the Snape Maltings Concert Hall (an oyster bar is in the hall too).
Plenty of other options are within five miles of Shottisham, including fishing, sailing, a public swimming pool, a cinema, golf, horse riding and several pubs and restaurants.
- Sutton Hoo Anglo-Saxon Burial Mounds (3.5 miles)
- Orford Castle (6.8 miles)
- Orford Ness National Nature Reserve (7.0 miles)
- Sutton Hoo (3.5 miles)
- Orford Ness National Nature Reserve (6.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Shottisham Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Shottisham Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Shottisham Campsite? The Shottisham Campsite is two miles from the River Deben, which can be explored via canoe or pleasure boat trip for lazy afternoons. If you'd rather make a break for the beach, ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of The Shottisham Campsite?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.