此营地目前未在 Pitchup.com 上接受预订。
- Quiet family-friendly site on a working smallholding
- Hire firepits, collect eggs and buy fresh produce from the farm
- Four miles from the Suffolk coast and near several nature reserves
Fancy a stay on a smashing Suffolk smallholding, in a traditional Suffolk village with a rather smashing pub – and all just four miles from a sandy beach on the fab Suffolk coast? Blaze up a campfire and help to feed the animals at The Shottisham Campsite, based in the village of the same name a few miles from Woodbridge. The sand and shingle beach, beach huts and pier of popular seaside resort Felixstowe are about seven miles away.
The Shottisham Campsite is part of a working smallholding home to rare breed sheep, pigs, alpacas and poultry, all of which guests are welcome to meet, greet and help feed as well as help to collect eggs from the site hens. Homemade preserves and free-range eggs and meat are available to buy from the site team, along with firewood: campfires are allowed on site in firepits, which are available for hire for guests.
Pitches are spread across several small fields bordered by native trees and bushes. Amenities include two small shower blocks with plenty of hot water powered by solar energy; washing-up areas; a chemical disposal point; waste and recycling bins and a fridge freezer for guests' use.
Dogs on secure leads are welcome and there's direct access from the site to walking trails through acres of heathland, forest and fields. Bike hire is available if you'd rather explore the area on wheels.
Trimley St Martin (Suffolk): Coach Stop
— 8.6 公里
8.6 公里 Trimley St Mary (Suffolk): Coach Stop — 9.3 公里
9.3 公里 Walton (Suffolk) Coach Stop — 9.4 公里
Woodbridge Rail Station
— 6.4 公里
6.4 公里 Melton (Suffolk) Rail Station — 6.8 公里
6.8 公里 Trimley Rail Station — 9.5 公里
Bawdsey Ferry Landing
— 6.8 公里
6.8 公里 Felixstowe for Bawdsey Ferry Landing — 6.9 公里
6.9 公里 Shotley Point Marina Ferry Landing — 12.9 公里
Norwich International Airport
— 69.2 公里
- From the A12 At the Melton roundabout, take the second exit onto A1152/Woods Lane
- Continue along the A1152 straight over the cross roads and over the railway crossing
- After passing the Wilford Bridge pub on the left, at the next roundabout, take the second exit onto B1083 for 4 miles
- Turn left at the T-junction into Shottisham, continue on passed the Sorrel Horse pub on the left
- St Margarets is about 100 metres further on, on the left. Look for a big sign on your left indicating St. Margarets House - thats it - you have arrived
The Shottisham Campsite is two miles from the River Deben, which can be explored via canoe or pleasure boat trip for lazy afternoons. If you'd rather make a break for the beach, the nearest sands are about four miles away and the resort of Felixstowe is within about seven. The handsome coastal town of Aldeburgh, home to a couple of top-rated fish and chip shops as well as fishermen's huts selling the latest catch, is also within easy reach.
About four miles away is the market town of Woodbridge, lying along the River Deben and near both the 3,700 acres and miles of bike trails of Rendlesham Forest and the fab ancient burial site of Sutton Hoo, famed as the most significant Anglo-Saxon site in the land.
Orford and Framlingham castles are also good old options in the area, or you could go wildlife watching instead, at one of the several nature reserves around including Orford Ness National Nature Reserve and RSPB Minsmere.
The Alde Estuary around Snape Maltings is another well-known spot for wildlife watching; after a nature spotting trip, trek into town to take in a show at the Snape Maltings Concert Hall (an oyster bar is in the hall too).
Plenty of other options are within five miles of Shottisham, including fishing, sailing, a public swimming pool, a cinema, golf, horse riding and several pubs and restaurants.翻译 (由 Google 翻译驱动)
- Sutton Hoo Anglo-Saxon Burial Mounds (5.7 公里)
- Orford Castle (11.0 公里)
- Orford Ness National Nature Reserve (11.2 公里)
- Sutton Hoo (5.7 公里)
- Orford Ness National Nature Reserve (11.1 公里)
查找英国国家自行车道路网上的当地路线 - 骑行路线延绵 20000 多公里。
- The Shottisham Campsite有游泳池吗？ 否 查看所有特性
- The Shottisham Campsite可以带狗吗？ 是 查看所有特性
- The Shottisham Campsite附近有哪些景点？ The Shottisham Campsite is two miles from the River Deben, which can be explored via canoe or pleasure boat trip for lazy afternoons. If you'd rather make a break for the beach, ... 了解更多
我于什么时间可以在The Shottisham Campsite办理入住和退房？
露营与旅行 到店: 12:00 – 20:00 启程方式: 12:00 营地装备 到店: 15:00 – 20:00 启程方式: 10:00