Fall in love with outdoor accommodation from Pitchup.com for Valentine’s Day
Nov. 21 2013 Publicat per Samantha Marsh
Where better to cosy up with a loved one for Valentine’s Day than in a warm pod or hut under the stars? Outdoor accommodation specialist Pitchup.com provides some inspired advice on truly romantic boltholes around the UK and France.
Best for her…
- Gentlemen wanting to impress their wives and girlfriends could do no wrong in booking Teifi Meadows at Lampeter, West Wales. This very pretty site offers shepherd’s hut style accommodation set within beautiful countryside. It’s beautifully decorated with pastel colours and pretty trinkets and features a wood-burning stove, double bed, shower and toilet. A complimentary breakfast hamper with sausages, bacon, eggs and cake welcomes guests on arrival. Teifi Meadows costs just £80 for a two night Valentine’s break.
Best for seclusion…
- Loch Tay Highland Lodges is set amongst some of Scotland’s most spectacular scenery in the county of Perthshire. The site is a great base for exploring the Scottish countryside with mountains, lochs and rivers all around. There are plenty of activities locally including fishing for salmon and trout to cook up for a romantic dinner or enjoying lochside romantic walks. The cosy pods are located within a particularly secluded woodland area and feature electricity, kitchen area and beds. There is a shower block just adjacent to the pods. A two night Valentine’s Day stay costs just £80. There are also brand new premium camping pods available with their own kitchen and bathroom area, at £120 for two nights.
Best for romance…
- France is often considered to be the most romantic country in the world so why not head across the Channel for a French style Valentine’s Day weekend to remember. Domaine du Lieu Dieu, on the border between Picardie and Normandy is a scenic site located within the grounds of a former Cistercian abbey. It’s the perfect spot for romantic walks, cycles or even a couple’s day of horse-riding with a local riding school. The local countryside offers a diverse landscape of forest, cliffs and beaches. Accommodation is offered in shepherd’s huts which come complete with double bed and bunk bed, a mini kitchen area and a bathroom. A two night stay in February 2014 including the Valentine’s Day weekend costs £174.50.
Best for luxury…
- Couples who need to enjoy total luxury while on holiday should head for Cornwall and Atlantic Surf Pods. These chic and stylish deluxe camping pods are just a mile from the beaches of Bude yet totally hidden away from the outside world. Each pod features lighting, cooking facilities, a king-size memory foam bed, underfloor heating and a private shower cabin. A two night Valentine’s weekend break costs £158 from Thursday to Saturday and £178 from Friday to Sunday.
Best for style…
- The only way is Essex at Lee Wick Cottages and Camping, a small and cosy site offering luxurious ‘mega pods’ which even come with en-suite facilities. These cool pods provide an excellent escape for couples featuring everything one would require for a blissful escape. Each pod comes fully furnished with a double bed, sofa, kitchen, dining area with cutlery and crockery, and i-Pod dock and DAB radio. So well equipped are these pods that couples could stay in all day and night! The site is located within a working potato farm so couples can order a sack of delicious spuds to cook up a romantic dinner, perhaps teaming them with a locally caught fish from the local reservoir, fried up over the firepit outside each pod. With just three pods in total this site really is a blissful private escape for those who enjoy their own company. A two night stay over Valentine’s Day weekend costs just £115 per pod (Thursday and Friday) or £130 (Friday and Saturday).
Best for gourmet food and romantic strolls…
- Cartmel Lodg-et is a comfy and cosy camping pod located just 15 minutes from the village of Cartmel – home of the famous sticky toffee pudding! The site is ideally located for exploring the peaks of the Lake District or alternatively simply spending the days in Cartmel, browsing the shops or even enjoying a candlelit dinner at Michelin-starred L’Enclume. The village is host to a number of gourmet shops selling local delicacies, ideal for cooking up a feast back at the pod. Inside the pod, visitors will find a double bed, Freeview TV, heating, a kitchen area and bathroom. A two night stay for Valentine’s Day weekend costs just £80.
For more information visit http://www.pitchup.com
Cass Helstrip, Samantha Marsh or Jardine Howlett at White Tiger PR
Cass.firstname.lastname@example.org 07968 255464
Samantha.email@example.com 07711 265666
Jardine.firstname.lastname@example.org 07866 508737
Notes to editors
Founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com man, Dan Yates, multi-award winning Pitchup.com is a free guide to all types of outdoor accommodation in the UK, Ireland and France. The site provides users with a simple platform in which they can search and book an outdoor holiday with total ease. The customer experience from landing on the home page through to booking a holiday can be completed in as little as four pages. The site also goes beyond traditional searches by allowing users to search for accommodation based on more than 80 criteria, such as adults only and campfires allowed, and view nearby events, Good Pub Guide pubs and VisitBritain attractions. Users can also search on the offers page to find the best deals available. Pitchup.com features over 5,000 UK wide camping and caravanning sites/parks with France recently added into the equation. It enables users to search for all types of parks and sites from the major brands right through to one off campsites and unique outdoor accommodation options, which may not have previously had a web presence.