This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Small, peaceful south Somerset five minutes' drive from Wedmore
- Wookey Hole, Cheddar Gorge and Wells Cathedral within 20 mins' drive
- One-acre camping field in a secluded orchard; dogs welcome on site
Orchard View is a small, peaceful site in the south Somerset countryside, five minutes’ drive from the village of Wedmore.
There’s plenty of space to pitch up comfortably at this scenic one-acre site, which has been set up in a pretty and secluded apple orchard with views out towards the Mendip Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
It’s a super spot for those aiming to get out for walks or bike rides – there are footpaths and bridleways all around, taking you through the woods and foothills that run down to the Somerset Levels. Cheddar Gorge is about 20 minutes away by car if you want to take a hike between the craggy cliffs over there for a change of scenery.
Various essential amenities are on site for guests – including a toilet and sink, chemical waste disposal point and water/waste water facilities (but please note there are no showers on site). Dogs are welcome to join you at this site, which is well geared up for travelling pets – it’s even got a designated dog walking area.
If you like to finish up your camping days by building a blaze of some sort, you’ll be in good company here – open fires and barbecues are welcome in the designated areas, and logs, charcoal and firelighters are all available to buy on site. Pick up other supplies at the shops in Wedmore – or treat yourselves to an evening out in one of the popular pubs or restaurants if you prefer.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Nice quiet site . bathroom is kept clean and the pitchs are a nice s
Lovely little camping
From the manager...
Hi Richard thank you for feedback We totally agree with you about the toilet we are a new campsite only been open for 6 weeks and we didn’t expect it to grow so fast as it has done we have already arranged for an extra toilet/sink to be added when season over this year in time for next season we are so sorry about the dogs noise I will have a chat to there owners about them barking and see if they can do something about that. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and We hope to see you all again soon thanks Marie
Clean n excellent place for a budget
Peaceful and beautiful surroundings
Excellent site. Friendly staff.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Wells Bus Station
— 5.1 miles
5.1 miles Glastonbury Town Hall — 5.4 miles
5.4 miles Town Hall — 5.4 miles
- Train stations
Highbridge & Burnham-on-Sea Rail Station
— 8.9 miles
8.9 miles Worle Rail Station — 11.4 miles
11.4 miles Bridgwater Rail Station — 11.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Bridgwater Ferry Terminal
— 11.1 miles
11.1 miles Weston-super-Mare Knightstone Harbour — 13.2 miles
13.2 miles Clevedon Pier — 16.1 miles
Bristol International Airport
— 11.8 miles
11.8 miles Cardiff International Airport — 27.7 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Wilkins Cider Farm: half an hour’s walk
- Fenny Castle Vineyard: 10 minutes’ drive
- Wookey Hole caves: 15 minutes
- Cheddar Gorge: 20 minutes
- Wells Cathedral: 20 minutes
- Ebbor Gorge National Nature Reserve: 20 minutes
- Burnham-on-Sea beach: 25 minutes
- Glastonbury (for Glastonbury Tor, the abbey and shops): 25 minutes.
- Wookey Hole Caves & Papermill (4.2 miles)
- Cheddar Caves & Gorge (4.3 miles)
- Ebbor Gorge National Nature Reserve (5.0 miles)
- King John's Hunting Lodge (5.2 miles)
- West Pennard Court Barn (7.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
Orchard View cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Orchard View will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Orchard View have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Orchard View dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Orchard View? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Wilkins Cider Farm: half an hour’s walk - Fenny Castle Vineyard: 10 minutes’ drive - Wookey Hole caves: 15 minutes - Cheddar Gorge: 20 minutes - … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Orchard View?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon