This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet south Northumberland site with views over the Tyne Valley
- A mile from the village of Acomb; Hexham 10 minutes' drive
- Campfires and barbecues welcome; dinner or cooked breakfast hampers
Sunniside House in southern Northumberland is a quiet campsite a mile from the small village of Acomb. There are excellent views to admire here from nearly every angle, with far-reaching vistas over the surrounding Tyne Valley and out to the Pennine peaks beyond.
This rural site has a small number of pitches to ensure everyone has sufficient breathing space, along with facilities including a shower, toilets, a washing-up area and a shared fridge. This simple spot is a mile away from The Miners Arms, a popular local pub, but food and drink can be sorted on site too if you opt for one of Sunniside House's dinner or breakfast hampers (speak to site staff for details). After sorting your own dinner, you may also be able to help the farmers feed the lambs.
Once you've sampled some local produce and settled in for your stay, you might like to walk the two miles out to Hadrian's Wall for rambles along the old Roman frontier. It's also a couple of miles from the heaps of heritage on display at St. Oswald's in Lee Church and the site of the Battle of Heavenfield.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Ok site for one night. No local amenities. Transport required
From the manager...
Lovely to have you back again Charlie for a second stay this summer - I apologies about the wasps but nature has them looking for food at this time of year.
From the manager...
The rules stated in Pitchup booking - terms and conditions- site rules - Only fuel purchased on site may be burnt/used-
We do However offer FirePit Grills- and wood these can be used as described to BBQ on or just as a safe open fire-
Lovely site, with use of clean facilities and beautiful views
Beautiful views, lovely welcoming owners, just the right amount of …
Brilliant facilities. Nice and peaceful. Host is very friendly .
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
— 10.7 miles
10.7 miles Village road end — 11.2 miles
11.2 miles Hotel — 11.7 miles
- Train stations
Hexham Rail Station
— 1.9 miles
1.9 miles Corbridge Rail Station — 3.8 miles
3.8 miles Riding Mill Rail Station — 6.0 miles
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 19.4 miles
19.4 miles Belvedere Ferry Landing — 20.7 miles
20.7 miles Leaplish Ferry Landing — 21.6 miles
Newcastle International Airport
— 15.4 miles
Local attractions and activities include:
- Hexham Abbey: 10 minutes' drive
- Corbridge: 10 minutes
- St. Oswald's in Lee Church: 10 minutes
- The Sandstone Way (footpath): 10 minutes
- Chesters Roman Fort and Museum: 10 minutes
- Brocksbushes Pick Your Own Fruit Farm: 10 minutes
- Newcastle: 35 minutes
- Kielder Water (designated dark sky area): 40 minutes
-National Trust properties: Wallington,: 30 minutes
Allen banks:10 minutes
Housesteads NT and (English Heritage)
The famous Hadrian's wall Pub Hjem 1( Michelin star): 10 minute Drive
- Hadrian's Wall Path National Trail (2.4 miles)
- Chesters Roman Fort (2.7 miles)
- Housesteads Roman Fort (9.4 miles)
- Cherryburn (8.8 miles)
- Hadrian's Wall and Housesteads Fort (9.0 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Early arrivals possible by prior arrangement
Sunniside House cancelation policy
No refunds within 4 days of arrival date.
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 4 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Sunniside House will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Sunniside House have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Sunniside House dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Sunniside House? Local attractions and activities include: - Hexham Abbey: 10 minutes' drive - Corbridge: 10 minutes - St. Oswald's in Lee Church: 10 minutes - The Sandstone Way (footpath): 10 minutes - Chesters … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Sunniside House?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
Early arrivals possible by prior arrangementRead more