This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Cliffside site a short walk from the beach
- Well-kept grounds set around a koi carp lake
- Pool, adventure playground, bar, restaurant and takeaway
This one certainly does what it says on the tin: on cliffs beside an inlet full of the golden grainy stuff, Sandy Bay Holiday Park also has an impressive vista of the Northumberland coastline and well-kept grounds set around a lake full of koi carp.
It’s an easy walk to the beach, but if the sea water’s too chilly, wallow instead in the heated indoor pool, where there's also a range of activities such as hydrodomes and snorkelling.
This is a lively site, ideal for families with its kids’ clubs for all ages, adventure playground, amusements and family-oriented entertainment in the beach showbar (expect competitions, games, live shows, music and dancing).
Sandy Bay Holiday Park also has a bar, restaurant and takeaway food, plus a shop and laundry room.
Open from 07/06/2020 to 11/06/2020
Open from 03/19/2021 to 11/05/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Funny how we were told no pitches available
Awful site and overall experience. Avoid at all costs.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Propane/gas cylinders available
Medium (26-50 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Newbiggin by the Sea (Cresswell Arms) Bus Stop
— 1.7 miles
1.7 miles Ashington: Supermarket Coach Stop — 2.0 miles
2.0 miles Blyth (Northumberland): Bridge Street Coach Stop — 2.8 miles
- Train stations
Pegswood Rail Station
— 4.7 miles
4.7 miles Cramlington Rail Station — 6.1 miles
6.1 miles Morpeth Rail Station — 6.2 miles
- Ferry ports
North Shields Ferry Terminal
— 11.7 miles
11.7 miles South Shields Ferry Terminal — 12.1 miles
12.1 miles Newcastle International Ferry Terminal — 12.4 miles
Newcastle International Airport
— 11.4 miles
The north-east coast is crammed with castles – try Warkworth or Dunstanburgh – and those who don’t mind driving a little further can also take in the pretty Lindisfarne Holy Island and Bamburgh Castle.
Family attractions nearby include a farm park and indoor soft play centre, and it’s not far to Newcastle, a busy city with tons of culture, shopping, sport and much more.
Inland, the region has stunning countryside such as that of the Cheviot Hills, plus pleasant market towns such as Morpeth.
- Seaton Delaval Hall (5.9 miles)
- Stephenson Railway Museum (10.4 miles)
- Segedunum Roman Fort, Baths and Museum. (11.4 miles)
- Seaton Delaval Hall (5.9 miles)
- Holy Jesus Hospital (13.8 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Sandy Bay Holiday Park cancelation policy
No refunds within 4 weeks of arrival date.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Sandy Bay Holiday Park will debit the balance from your card 4 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 4 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCheque
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- Does Sandy Bay Holiday Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Sandy Bay Holiday Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sandy Bay Holiday Park? The north-east coast is crammed with castles – try Warkworth or Dunstanburgh – and those who don’t mind driving a little further can also take in the pretty Lindisfarne Holy Island and … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Sandy Bay Holiday Park?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.