This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Cliffside site a short walk from the beach
- Well-kept grounds set around a koi carp lake
- Pool, adventure playground, bar, restaurant and takeaway
This one certainly does what it says on the tin: on cliffs beside an inlet full of the golden grainy stuff, Sandy Bay Holiday Park also has an impressive vista of the Northumberland coastline and well-kept grounds set around a lake full of koi carp.
It’s an easy walk to the beach, but if the sea water’s too chilly, wallow instead in the heated indoor pool, where there's also a range of activities such as hydrodomes and snorkelling.
This is a lively site, ideal for families with its kids’ clubs for all ages, adventure playground, amusements and family-oriented entertainment in the beach showbar (expect competitions, games, live shows, music and dancing).
Sandy Bay Holiday Park also has a bar, restaurant and takeaway food, plus a shop and laundry room.
Open from 03/19/2021 to 11/05/2021
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
My holiday being cancelled seems like I had a lucky …
Awful site and overall experience. Avoid at all costs.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Newbiggin by the Sea (Cresswell Arms) Bus Stop
— 2.8 kilometres
2.8 kilometres Ashington: Supermarket Coach Stop — 3.3 kilometres
3.3 kilometres Blyth (Northumberland): Bridge Street Coach Stop — 4.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Pegswood Rail Station
— 7.6 kilometres
7.6 kilometres Cramlington Rail Station — 9.8 kilometres
9.8 kilometres Morpeth Rail Station — 9.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
North Shields Ferry Terminal
— 18.8 kilometres
18.8 kilometres South Shields Ferry Terminal — 19.5 kilometres
19.5 kilometres Newcastle International Ferry Terminal — 19.9 kilometres
Newcastle International Airport
— 18.4 kilometres
The north-east coast is crammed with castles – try Warkworth or Dunstanburgh – and those who don’t mind driving a little further can also take in the pretty Lindisfarne Holy Island and Bamburgh Castle.
Family attractions nearby include a farm park and indoor soft play centre, and it’s not far to Newcastle, a busy city with tons of culture, shopping, sport and much more.
Inland, the region has stunning countryside such as that of the Cheviot Hills, plus pleasant market towns such as Morpeth.
- Seaton Delaval Hall (9.5 kilometres)
- Stephenson Railway Museum (16.7 kilometres)
- Segedunum Roman Fort, Baths and Museum. (18.4 kilometres)
- Seaton Delaval Hall (9.5 kilometres)
- Holy Jesus Hospital (22.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Sandy Bay Holiday Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Sandy Bay Holiday Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sandy Bay Holiday Park? The north-east coast is crammed with castles – try Warkworth or Dunstanburgh – and those who don’t mind driving a little further can also take in the pretty Lindisfarne Holy Island and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Sandy Bay Holiday Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.