Make your great escape
- We make it a doddle to book campsites, glamping sites and caravan parks throughout the UK, Europe and the Americas.
- Trusted by 3m holidaymakers from 112 countries
- Choose and book in minutes, with instant confirmation and no booking fees.
- FT 1000, Financial Times' 1,000 fastest-growing companies in Europe
Dogs allowed: Campsites and Holiday Parks
2,854 bookable sites
[[ campsite.hierarchy ]]
This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Peaceful, safe and secure farm park in the KZN mountains
- A 20-minute drive from Volksrust and 45 minutes from Newcastle
- Simple stands by a river for birdwatching and swimming
Non-electric grass and sand tent or motorhome pitch 6 x From £6,02/€7/A$10,94/US$8,49/CA$10,28/CHF7,66/SEK70,81/DKK52,03/NOK69,94/ISK1 057/ARS798,02/CLP5 943/PEN31,03/NZ$11,75/R120/PLN31,64/R$44,79/CZK178,20/RSD823/HUF2 476,54/RUB627,52/CN¥54,68 per night
- Remote site above the Molen River Gorge in the Kammanassie Valley
- Hikes from site; half an hour's drive from Kammanassie Nature Reserve
- Bar, restaurant, 4x4 driving trails, horse treks and air rifle range
Electric grass pitch 4 x From £17,56/€20,41/A$31,91/US$24,77/CA$29,99/CHF22,33/SEK206,53/DKK151,75/NOK203,98/ISK3 083/ARS2 327,57/CLP17 333/PEN90,49/NZ$34,28/R350/PLN92,28/R$130,62/CZK519,75/RSD2 400/HUF7 223,24/RUB1 830,27/CN¥159,47 per night
- Spacious farm site at the foot of the Swartberg mountains
- A 10-minute drive from Meiringspoort waterfall; Oudtshoorn 30 minutes
- A family-run working farm in the Klein Karoo; wild swimming possible
Electric grass pitch 4 x From £15,05/€17,49/A$27,35/US$21,23/CA$25,71/CHF19,14/SEK177,03/DKK130,07/NOK174,84/ISK2 643/ARS1 995,06/CLP14 857/PEN77,56/NZ$29,39/R300/PLN79,10/R$111,96/CZK445,50/RSD2 057/HUF6 191,35/RUB1 568,80/CN¥136,69 per night
- On a working farm with mountainous scenery and trees all around
- Towerkop Nature Reserve within 10 mins’ drive, Amalienstein in 35 mins
- Play area, barbecues and firepits; hikes straight from the site
Non-electric grass pitch 4 x From £12,54/€14,58/A$22,79/US$17,69/CA$21,42/CHF15,95/SEK147,52/DKK108,39/NOK145,70/ISK2 202/ARS1 662,55/CLP12 381/PEN64,64/NZ$24,49/R250/PLN65,92/R$93,30/CZK371,25/RSD1 715/HUF5 159,46/RUB1 307,34/CN¥113,91 per night
- On the banks of the Magol River: fish for carp, perch and barbel
- Vaalwater setting for stays and overnights on the way to Botswana
- Playground, braai facilities, bar, large lawns and a tractor museum
Electric grass pitch 4 x From £10,03/€11,66/A$18,23/US$14,15/CA$17,14/CHF12,76/SEK118,02/DKK86,71/NOK116,56/ISK1 762/ARS1 330,04/CLP9 905/PEN51,71/NZ$19,59/R200/PLN52,73/R$74,64/CZK297/RSD1 372/HUF4 127,57/RUB1 045,87/CN¥91,13 per night 1 bedroom cottage / chalet / bungalow 4 x From £42,64/€49,56/A$77,49/US$60,15/CA$72,83/CHF54,24/SEK501,58/DKK368,52/NOK495,39/ISK7 488/ARS5 652,66/CLP42 095/PEN219,77/NZ$83,26/R850/PLN224,11/R$317,23/CZK1 262,25/RSD5 830/HUF17 542,16/RUB4 444,95/CN¥387,29 per night
- Peaceful site on the banks of the Renosterspruit river
- 20 minutes' drive from central Bloemfontein; 10 minutes from airport
- Well-kept gardens with swimming pool and lots of space to play games
Electric grass tent pitch 8 x From £12,04/€13,99/A$21,88/US$16,98/CA$20,56/CHF15,31/SEK141,62/DKK104,05/NOK139,87/ISK2 114/ARS1 596,05/CLP11 886/PEN62,05/NZ$23,51/R240/PLN63,28/R$89,57/CZK356,40/RSD1 646/HUF4 953,08/RUB1 255,04/CN¥109,35 per night Electric grass touring pitch 8 x From £13,54/€15,74/A$24,62/US$19,11/CA$23,14/CHF17,23/SEK159,32/DKK117,06/NOK157,36/ISK2 378/ARS1 795,55/CLP13 371/PEN69,81/NZ$26,45/R270/PLN71,19/R$100,77/CZK400,95/RSD1 852/HUF5 572,21/RUB1 411,92/CN¥123,02 per night
- Small site five minutes from Springbok, deep in Namaqualand
- Excellent stopover for trips to and from Namibia
- Fully serviced with pool and laundry services
Electric grass and gravel pitch 4 x From £13,54/€15,74/A$24,62/US$19,11/CA$23,14/CHF17,23/SEK159,32/DKK117,06/NOK157,36/ISK2 378/ARS1 795,55/CLP13 371/PEN69,81/NZ$26,45/R270/PLN71,19/R$100,77/CZK400,95/RSD1 852/HUF5 572,21/RUB1 411,92/CN¥123,02 per night
- Family resort in Colchester with stunning views of the Sundays River
- Less than 10 minutes' drive from the entrance to Addo Elephant Park
- Cruises, canoeing and fishing trips organised from the park
Electric grass tent or touring caravan pitch 6 x From £18,81/€21,86/A$34,19/US$26,54/CA$32,13/CHF23,93/SEK221,28/DKK162,58/NOK218,55/ISK3 303/ARS2 493,82/CLP18 571/PEN96,96/NZ$36,73/R375/PLN98,87/R$139,95/CZK556,88/RSD2 572/HUF7 739,19/RUB1 961,01/CN¥170,86 per night Non-electric grass tent or touring caravan pitch 6 x From £18,81/€21,86/A$34,19/US$26,54/CA$32,13/CHF23,93/SEK221,28/DKK162,58/NOK218,55/ISK3 303/ARS2 493,82/CLP18 571/PEN96,96/NZ$36,73/R375/PLN98,87/R$139,95/CZK556,88/RSD2 572/HUF7 739,19/RUB1 961,01/CN¥170,86 per night
- Off-grid eco retreat six and a half kilometres from De Rust
- Set in the Klein Karoo area with spectacular views
- Outdoor pool and modern shower and toilet block
Non-electric forest floor pitch 4 x From £9,53/€11,08/A$17,32/US$13,45/CA$16,28/CHF12,12/SEK112,12/DKK82,38/NOK110,73/ISK1 674/ARS1 263,54/CLP9 409/PEN49,12/NZ$18,61/R190/PLN50,10/R$70,91/CZK282,15/RSD1 303/HUF3 921,19/RUB993,58/CN¥86,57 per night
- Family-run site with on-site fishing and wild water swimming
- In a peaceful rural location but near the M50
- Over 28 acres of landscaped grounds and a conservation area
Electric grass pitch (sloping) 6 x From £28/€32,54/A$50,89/US$39,50/CA$47,83/CHF35,62/SEK329,37/DKK242/NOK325,31/ISK4 917/ARS3 711,96/CLP27 643/PEN144,31/NZ$54,67/R558,17/PLN147,17/R$208,32/CZK828,89/RSD3 828/HUF11 519,50/RUB2 918,89/CN¥254,32 per night Camping pod (2 adults and 2 infants, small) 4 x From £38/€44,17/A$69,06/US$53,61/CA$64,91/CHF48,34/SEK447,01/DKK328,43/NOK441,49/ISK6 673/ARS5 037,66/CLP37 515/PEN195,86/NZ$74,20/R757,52/PLN199,73/R$282,72/CZK1 124,92/RSD5 195/HUF15 633,61/RUB3 961,35/CN¥345,15 per night Camping pod (large, five man) 5 x From £48/€55,79/A$87,24/US$67,72/CA$81,99/CHF61,06/SEK564,64/DKK414,86/NOK557,67/ISK8 429/ARS6 363,37/CLP47 388/PEN247,40/NZ$93,73/R956,87/PLN252,29/R$357,11/CZK1 420,96/RSD6 562/HUF19 747,72/RUB5 003,81/CN¥435,98 per night
- Dog-friendly site near Leven, with views of the Firth of Forth
- A 25-minute drive from St Andrews; 16 other golf courses nearby
- Smart, well-equipped holiday homes; bar, play area and walks on site
Hideaway 1 bedroom cabin (hot tub, maximum 3 adults) 4 x From £160/€185,97/A$290,79/US$225,72/CA$273,30/CHF203,53/SEK1 882,13/DKK1 382,86/NOK1 858,90/ISK28 098/ARS21 211,22/CLP157 959/PEN824,66/NZ$312,42/R3 189,57/PLN840,97/R$1 190,38/CZK4 736,52/RSD21 875/HUF65 825,72/RUB16 679,35/CN¥1 453,28 per night Studio 2 bedroom mobile home 4 x From £350/€406,80/A$636,10/US$493,76/CA$597,84/CHF445,22/SEK4 117,16/DKK3 025,01/NOK4 066,34/ISK61 464/ARS46 399,54/CLP345 535/PEN1 803,94/NZ$683,42/R6 977,18/PLN1 839,62/R$2 603,96/CZK10 361,14/RSD47 851/HUF143 993,77/RUB36 486,09/CN¥3 179,04 per 7 nights
- Peaceful and private park in a Cornish valley
- A few miles from the Eden Project
- Adventure playground, games room and spotless amenities
Electric asphalt and grass motorhome pitch 5 x From £16/€18,60/A$29,08/US$22,57/CA$27,33/CHF20,35/SEK188,21/DKK138,29/NOK185,89/ISK2 810/ARS2 121,12/CLP15 796/PEN82,47/NZ$31,24/R318,96/PLN84,10/R$119,04/CZK473,65/RSD2 187/HUF6 582,57/RUB1 667,94/CN¥145,33 per night Electric grass and gravel touring pitch 6 x From £16/€18,60/A$29,08/US$22,57/CA$27,33/CHF20,35/SEK188,21/DKK138,29/NOK185,89/ISK2 810/ARS2 121,12/CLP15 796/PEN82,47/NZ$31,24/R318,96/PLN84,10/R$119,04/CZK473,65/RSD2 187/HUF6 582,57/RUB1 667,94/CN¥145,33 per night
- Among the Blackdown Hills seven miles from the Jurassic Coast
- Covered pool and paddling pool; adventure playground and soft play
- Bar, café and takeaway in school holidays
All-weather electric asphalt touring pitch 5 x From £23,50/€27,31/A$42,71/US$33,15/CA$40,14/CHF29,89/SEK276,44/DKK203,11/NOK273,03/ISK4 127/ARS3 115,40/CLP23 200/PEN121,12/NZ$45,89/R468,47/PLN123,52/R$174,84/CZK695,68/RSD3 213/HUF9 668,15/RUB2 449,78/CN¥213,45 per night Fully-serviced asphalt touring pitch (super) 5 x From £26,50/€30,80/A$48,16/US$37,38/CA$45,27/CHF33,71/SEK311,73/DKK229,04/NOK307,88/ISK4 654/ARS3 513,11/CLP26 162/PEN136,58/NZ$51,74/R528,27/PLN139,29/R$197,16/CZK784,49/RSD3 623/HUF10 902,39/RUB2 762,52/CN¥240,70 per night
- Riverside park with Berwyn mountain views
- Five miles from Llangollen
- Close to the North Berwyn Way and the Dee Valley Way
Non-electric grass and earth touring pitch (2 adults and 2 children) 4 x From £22/€25,57/A$39,98/US$31,04/CA$37,58/CHF27,99/SEK258,79/DKK190,14/NOK255,60/ISK3 863/ARS2 916,54/CLP21 719/PEN113,39/NZ$42,96/R438,57/PLN115,63/R$163,68/CZK651,27/RSD3 008/HUF9 051,04/RUB2 293,41/CN¥199,83 per night Electric grass and earth touring pitch (2 adults and 2 children) 4 x From £25/€29,06/A$45,44/US$35,27/CA$42,70/CHF31,80/SEK294,08/DKK216,07/NOK290,45/ISK4 390/ARS3 314,25/CLP24 681/PEN128,85/NZ$48,82/R498,37/PLN131,40/R$186/CZK740,08/RSD3 418/HUF10 285,27/RUB2 606,15/CN¥227,07 per night Electric asphalt touring pitch (2 adults and 2 children) 4 x From £27/€31,38/A$49,07/US$38,09/CA$46,12/CHF34,35/SEK317,61/DKK233,36/NOK313,69/ISK4 741/ARS3 579,39/CLP26 656/PEN139,16/NZ$52,72/R538,24/PLN141,91/R$200,88/CZK799,29/RSD3 691/HUF11 108,09/RUB2 814,64/CN¥245,24 per night
- Family-owned and well-maintained site
- Near Fishguard in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
- Spectacular views of the surrounding countryside
Electric optional grass tent or trailer tent pitch (two man) 2 x From £21/€24,41/A$38,17/US$29,63/CA$35,87/CHF26,71/SEK247,03/DKK181,50/NOK243,98/ISK3 688/ARS2 783,97/CLP20 732/PEN108,24/NZ$41,01/R418,63/PLN110,38/R$156,24/CZK621,67/RSD2 871/HUF8 639,63/RUB2 189,17/CN¥190,74 per night Electric grass motorhome pitch (no awning, small) 5 x From £23/€26,73/A$41,80/US$32,45/CA$39,29/CHF29,26/SEK270,56/DKK198,79/NOK267,22/ISK4 039/ARS3 049,11/CLP22 707/PEN118,54/NZ$44,91/R458,50/PLN120,89/R$171,12/CZK680,87/RSD3 144/HUF9 462,45/RUB2 397,66/CN¥208,91 per night Electric grass motorhome pitch (small) 5 x From £23/€26,73/A$41,80/US$32,45/CA$39,29/CHF29,26/SEK270,56/DKK198,79/NOK267,22/ISK4 039/ARS3 049,11/CLP22 707/PEN118,54/NZ$44,91/R458,50/PLN120,89/R$171,12/CZK680,87/RSD3 144/HUF9 462,45/RUB2 397,66/CN¥208,91 per night Electric grass touring caravan pitch 5 x From £23/€26,73/A$41,80/US$32,45/CA$39,29/CHF29,26/SEK270,56/DKK198,79/NOK267,22/ISK4 039/ARS3 049,11/CLP22 707/PEN118,54/NZ$44,91/R458,50/PLN120,89/R$171,12/CZK680,87/RSD3 144/HUF9 462,45/RUB2 397,66/CN¥208,91 per night Electric grass touring caravan pitch (no awning) 5 x Electric optional grass tent or trailer tent pitch (five man) 5 x Electric optional grass tent or trailer tent pitch (large, five man) 5 x From £25/€29,06/A$45,44/US$35,27/CA$42,70/CHF31,80/SEK294,08/DKK216,07/NOK290,45/ISK4 390/ARS3 314,25/CLP24 681/PEN128,85/NZ$48,82/R498,37/PLN131,40/R$186/CZK740,08/RSD3 418/HUF10 285,27/RUB2 606,15/CN¥227,07 per night
- Within walking distance of the beach at Walton-on-the-Naze
- Nature reserve and Naze Tower nearby
- Indoor pool with terrace, adventure play area and amusements
Electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £6/€6,97/A$10,90/US$8,46/CA$10,25/CHF7,63/SEK70,58/DKK51,86/NOK69,71/ISK1 054/ARS795,42/CLP5 923/PEN30,92/NZ$11,72/R119,61/PLN31,54/R$44,64/CZK177,62/RSD820/HUF2 468,46/RUB625,48/CN¥54,50 per night
- Family-friendly park near Leyburn with 18-hole golf course on site
- Within 20 minutes' drive of Richmond Castle and Jervaulx Abbey
- Traditional Yorkshire pub on site serving food, local ales and wine
Electric asphalt touring pitch 6 x From £28/€32,54/A$50,89/US$39,50/CA$47,83/CHF35,62/SEK329,37/DKK242/NOK325,31/ISK4 917/ARS3 711,96/CLP27 643/PEN144,31/NZ$54,67/R558,17/PLN147,17/R$208,32/CZK828,89/RSD3 828/HUF11 519,50/RUB2 918,89/CN¥254,32 per night
- Quiet family-friendly Mersea Island site, family-run since 1923
- Wildlife haven, woodland walks, games field and two play areas
- Close to the beach and with a pub a few minutes' walk away
Electric optional grass pitch 6 x From £19/€22,08/A$34,53/US$26,80/CA$32,45/CHF24,17/SEK223,50/DKK164,21/NOK220,74/ISK3 337/ARS2 518,83/CLP18 758/PEN97,93/NZ$37,10/R378,76/PLN99,86/R$141,36/CZK562,46/RSD2 598/HUF7 816,80/RUB1 980,67/CN¥172,58 per night
- Less than 10 minutes' walk from the Norfolk coast at Hunstanton
- Family park with kids' club, activities and evening entertainment
- Two heated pools on site with terrace and loungers
Electric grass touring pitch 6 x From £5/€5,81/A$9,09/US$7,05/CA$8,54/CHF6,36/SEK58,82/DKK43,21/NOK58,09/ISK878/ARS662,85/CLP4 936/PEN25,77/NZ$9,76/R99,67/PLN26,28/R$37,20/CZK148,02/RSD684/HUF2 057,05/RUB521,23/CN¥45,41 per night
All styles of stays are possible
The sheer variety of pet-friendly campsites and glampsites out there makes outdoor accommodation particularly popular with dog owners.
Want to roam wide over open spaces and windswept wildlife havens? Bring your dog along on wild camping adventures.
Dreaming of settling down by a campfire with your four-legged friend at your feet? Keep the whole pack cosy at a fire-friendly campsite that allows dogs.
Glamping with dogs is another excellent option, as many lodges and pods have ample room for all your pet’s favourite toys and treats. If your dog is crate-trained, sleeps in a separate space from you or has a strict bedtime routine, glamping could well be the answer.
The places you’ll go
Whenever dogs are part of the picture, you can be pretty sure that lots of fresh air and exercise will follow – a win-win for all involved. Looking to sustain healthy habits and avoid over-indulging while away? As long as your friend has enough stamina for long-distance hikes, he or she will make excellent company and provide motivation for all-day strolls through the countryside.
Keep the family together
While some dogs can cope with separation better than others, almost all would choose staying by their master’s side over being placed in a kennel and missing out on open-air adventures. By going camping with your dog you stand to save a fair amount of cash too – some sites even allow pets to stay free of charge.
Top tips for a smooth trip
The legal stuff
In many places, local bylaws require dogs to be kept under strict control at all times – whatever you do, don’t go camping with your dog until you’ve equipped yourself with a good lead.
Travelling with dogs across international borders (and between Northern Ireland and Great Britain) comes with its own rules. Typically, dogs will need a microchip, proof of a rabies vaccination and possibly evidence of a deworming treatment, although rules vary from country to country and may depend on whether you travel by land, air or sea.
Even if it’s not required by law, it’s a good idea to take your dog for a check-up and get them microchipped for added peace of mind. A microchip also makes it much easier to reunite lost dogs with their owners – even the best-behaved pets can act out of character in new and unfamiliar settings, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Finally, for a few points of etiquette, check out our article for advice on keeping dogs in your fellow-travellers’ good books.
Never gone camping with a dog before? Fine-tune your packing process with our guide to tours on four paws.
Find a spot by the sea...
Hoping for dog-friendly camping holidays by the sea? Scout out suitable beaches in the surrounding area by contacting the local tourist board or consulting online beach guides and travel forums relevant to your destination.
You might also want to consider going away off-season, when many beaches have more relaxed rules about pets.
…or down on the farm
Give your dog the chance to get back to nature and interact with other animals – at a respectful distance, of course – with a fantastic pet-friendly farm stay.
Sort out food for you...
Want to leave the cooking to the professionals? Opting for a dog-friendly pub campsite could be the way forward.
...and drinks for your dog
While pitching up in a beer garden or having a pub nearby will quench humans’ thirst, dogs will prefer a constant supply of fresh water. The easiest way to keep their bowls topped up? Go for pitches with access to running water.
- Narrow your search to:
- The Netherlands48
- Republic of Ireland9
- South Africa9
- Northern Ireland5
- Czech Republic4
- Bosnia and Herzegovina3
- Channel Islands2
- Costa Rica2
- New Zealand2
- Republic of Macedonia1