Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Peaceful, safe and secure farm site in the KZN mountains
- A 20-minute drive from Volksrust and 45 minutes from Newcastle
- Simple pitches by a river for birdwatching and swimming
La Belle Esperance Adventure Farm is a quiet KwaZulu-Natal site in a safe and secure spot that’s privately owned (and with the owners living on site so they’re always on hand to help their guests).
Life is all very peaceful here in the mountains, with minimal traffic on the farm’s main road and a ban on loud music to make sure there’s nothing to disturb your stay. Instead you’ll most likely have a soundtrack of birdsong, which should set you up well for days spent biking, hiking, birdwatching and wildlife-spotting in the local area. Back at the farm is a river that’s got shallows for paddling and a deeper section to plunge into if you really need to cool off.
Facilities are fairly low-key at this farm, in keeping with the laidback style of the place, but guests will have access to toilets, showers, a washing-up area and a laundry area, along with internet access for planning all those outings.
As there’s plenty of space, campfires and braais are permitted on site: Volksrust (20 minutes’ drive) is a handy place to pick up supplies, although you might also like to head a little further afield for the shops (and restaurants) in places like Memel or Wakkerstroom, or head to Newcastle (45 minutes’ drive away).
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
At least one of the party members must be aged 18 or over.
Protective masks must be worn at all times in common areas.
Owing to government regulations, groups of 48 or more people are not permitted.
Bookings must not be for more than 12 consecutive nights.
Bookings must not consist of more than 2 different households.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the site are unlit.
Minimum spacing of 20 metres between pitches.
Check availability at La Belle Esperance Adventure Farm…
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Primitive grass and sand tent or RV site
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent or RV site allowed per campsite
Campsite size : Max 5.0m width x 5.0m depth (16.4ft width x 16.4ft depth) Calculated area: 25.0m² (269.1ft²)
Ground type: Grass and sand
Based on a 2 night stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar ($), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Ruble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
More frequent emptying of bins
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Staggered showering times
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Majuba Mountain (site of the First Boer War): five minutes’ drive
- Volksrust (for paragliding and historic attractions including an old train): 20 minutes
- Golf course: 20 minutes
- Wakkerstroom (for birdwatching, historic buildings and museums) 35 minutes
- Seekoeivlei Nature Reserve (to see birds and hippos): 40 minutes
- Newcastle (for battle sites and museums): 40 minutes
- Memel (small historic town): 50 minutes
- Utrecht Balele Community Game Park: an hour.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||5 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Look out for the farm's red gate, which can be opened by slipping one link of the chain through another (please remember to close it again because of wandering farm animals).
La Belle Esperance Adventure Farm cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 2 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does La Belle Esperance Adventure Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is La Belle Esperance Adventure Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near La Belle Esperance Adventure Farm? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Majuba Mountain (site of the First Boer War): five minutes’ drive - Volksrust (for paragliding and historic attractions including an old train): 20 minutes - Golf … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of La Belle Esperance Adventure Farm?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.
Look out for the farm's red gate, which can be opened by slipping one link of the chain through another (please remember to close it again because of wandering farm animals).Read more
- How much does it cost to stay at La Belle Esperance Adventure Farm? From $8.92 (for 1 night, 4 people) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability