This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Causses and the Cévennes site with a river for fishing and swimming
- In Soubès, a 15-minute drive from Lodève and 25 from Salagou lake
- Swimming pool, bar, restaurant, morning bread delivery and trampoline
Like your natural surroundings as historical as possible when on a hol? Then it'll be hard to beat a break bounding around the three millennia-old scenery surrounding Camping Des Sources in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Causses and the Cévennes area.
Settle in at this Hérault department park in central France for a few days or more to venture towards the Vis gorge (30 minutes’ drive) in the middle of the Grands Causses Natural Regional Park, meandering around the castles, valleys, mountains and forests of the region along the way.
Once you’re back on site well heated after hikes in the hinterlands, cool down in the river rushing through the grounds with a swim in the water or while wading on the banks with a fishing rod in hand; a heated pool’s at the park as well for warmer dips. A pétanque court, a ping-pong table and a playground with a trampoline round out the sports facilities.
Make sure to balance active times with tasty treats – in the high season, food ranging from salads to pizza is offered in the evenings and a morning bread delivery service is available too (just make sure to order the latter the day before). The centre of Soubès is a five-minute drive for more eats, and this is also the place to kick off a trek.
Keen to stay connected with the outside world while on your trip? You might be chuffed to know this snazzy site in the Languedoc-Roussillon has free wifi.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
If you’re fond of flitting around French villages, Lodève (15 minutes’ drive) has more than enough attractive architecture to entertain you for a couple of hours. Stroll to the gothic cathedral, roam by the river and nose around the Fleury Museum’s geological and prehistoric artefacts while here.
Another top urban spot to take a look at is La Couvertoirade (25 minutes), a 15th-century settlement surrounded by fortified gateways. Roam up to the ramparts to see sweeping views of the local countryside or spend your time dipping in and out of posh boutiques.
Not yet tired of towns? Also worth a glimpse is UNESCO-listed Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert (40 minutes) for ambles along the ancient alleyways centred around the Abbey of Gellone.
If you’re craving the countryside, jump into the water at the 750-hectare Lac du Salagou lake (30 minutes) or set off for a jaw-dropping hike above the Cirque de Navacelles (35 minutes), a vast eroded landmass with memorable views.
- Does Camping Des Sources have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Des Sources dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Des Sources? If you’re fond of flitting around French villages, Lodève (15 minutes’ drive) has more than enough attractive architecture to entertain you for a couple of hours. Stroll to the gothic cathedral, roam … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Des Sources?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon