This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Treehouses in the woods of a 14-hectare estate near Champagnole
- In the Haut-Jura Regional Natural Park for walks and activities
- Meal baskets to order and table d'hôte dinners
Make like a bird and nest in the treetops at Domaine de Syam – the splendid treehouses here are scattered around ancient woodland, part of an old English-style park surrounding the 19th-century Château de Syam.
The 14-hectare estate is a mighty fine place to spend time, with plenty of space to roam among the trees and look out over the valleys, hills and lakes of the Haut-Jura Regional Natural Park. The Ain river flows alongside, with a private stretch available for fishing or riverside rambles.
Not quite chilled enough yet? Pay a visit to the site’s masseur before settling in for a relaxed evening meal – order ahead and the friendly folks on site will deliver a meal basket to your abode for a fab woodland feast. There’s also a regular table d’hôte dinner where you can share home-cooked dinners and chat to fellow guests over a glass of the local vino.
Wrest yourself from this rural idyll and head out into the locale for all manner of things to do in the Jura mountains – climbing, mountain biking, caving, canyoning and kayaking for the active sorts; boat trips, pottering around Château-Chalon or seeking out the local cheeses for those who fancy something a touch gentler.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Propane/gas cylinders available
Mountain biking nearby
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Small (11-25 sites)
There’s much to do around the Haut-Jura Regional Natural Park, whatever your desired level of activity. Hiking and bike trails can be easily accessed from the estate, and there are all manner of adrenaline-pumping antics on offer nearby: pick your way along a via ferrata climbing trail, leap across rivers and rocks on a canyoning excursion or float over the vistas while paragliding, perhaps.
Looking for something a little less hair-raising? Head over to Baume Abbey, the UNESCO-listed saltworks at Salins-les-Bains or visit the Parc Polaire animal park high up in the mountains – all are around a half-hour drive away.
Foodie types have many delights to seek out nearby, too – cheese fiends can pick up local Comté, Morbier and Vacherin to accompany their Jura wines (Château-Chalon, half an hour away, is a good place to aim for if you fancy a winery visit). Braver sorts might like to follow the absinthe trail around Pontarlier, 45 minutes away.
- Does Domaine de Syam have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Domaine de Syam dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Domaine de Syam? There’s much to do around the Haut-Jura Regional Natural Park, whatever your desired level of activity. Hiking and bike trails can be easily accessed from the estate, and there are all manner ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Domaine de Syam?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.