This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site five minutes’ walk from Jurassic Coast beaches
- Five minutes’ drive from Bridport, 20 minutes’ drive from Lyme Regis
- Dog-friendly beaches and pubs within easy reach
In need of a family hol with canine chums in tow? Set tails wagging with a stay at Golden Acre Holiday Bungalows, a family- and dog-friendly site in the Dorset village of Eype, five minutes’ drive from the market town of Bridport.
For doggy-pleasing getaways, you can’t do much better: the site’s on the famed (and UNESCO protected) Jurassic Coast, so expect reams of sandy beaches to zoom along, lots of salty swims, plenty of lengthy coastal walks and easy access to the South West Coast Path, which crosses Eype beach five minutes’ walk away.
The site’s pretty top for people-pleasing too… The traditional village of Eype is widely considered one of the area’s prettiest, and is home to pubs, grub and (dog-friendly) hotel bars that are within an easy and leisurely stroll of base – plus there’s ice cream up for grabs in reception back on site for an added sweet treat.
Humans travelling without pooch can settle in on the beach for swimming, fishing and wanders, or opt for longer jaunts along the coast to nearby West Bay (half an hour’s walk) for watersports, a scenic harbour and top-notch fish and chips.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
From the manager...
Very laid back feeling on arrival with welcoming smiles all …
From the manager...
Dear Bryan H
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 1.3 miles
1.3 miles South Station — 15.2 miles
15.2 miles Marks and Spencer — 16.4 miles
- Train stations
Maiden Newton Rail Station
— 10.2 miles
10.2 miles Axminster Rail Station — 10.5 miles
10.5 miles Crewkerne Rail Station — 10.6 miles
- Ferry ports
Weymouth Ferry Terminal
— 16.6 miles
16.6 miles Exmouth Ferry Landing — 29.0 miles
29.0 miles Starcross Ferry Landing — 29.8 miles
Exeter International Airport
— 27.8 miles
Can’t get enough of coastal days? Hop behind the wheel for a 20-minute drive to Lyme Regis, one of the area’s best-known seaside towns and the site of a major dino discovery in the 19th century. The legacy continues at a dinosaur museum in the town and there are heaps of fossil hunting tours to sign up for... Otherwise, opt instead for wanders by the harbour and through the pleasure garden, or for spying out scenes from the French Lieutenant’s Woman and Jane Austen’s Persuasion.
Wannabe zoologists should swan along to the Abbotsbury Swannery, where 600 mute swans hang out on the site of an 11th-century monastery (non-ornithologists can pass this time getting lost in the swannery’s maze), while botanists let their passions bloom at the Abbotsbury Subtropical Gardens, both within 25 minutes. Historians on the other hand, can wander the halls of Mapperton House and Shute Barton within 25 minutes, or get voyeuristic around the happily anatomically correct Cerne Abbas giant a little over half an hour away.
For urban days, begin at the museums and twice-weekly vintage markets in Bridport, five minutes from base, before graduating to the larger towns of Weymouth and Dorchester (both about half an hour from the site) for Terracotta Warriors, animal parks, galleries, gardens and – of course – shopping.
- Mapperton House & Gardens (6.1 miles)
- Abbotsbury Swannery (9.0 miles)
- Radipole Lake Nature Reserve (15.9 miles)
- Shute Barton (12.7 miles)
- Loughwood Meeting House (12.9 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Golden Acre Holiday Bungalows have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Golden Acre Holiday Bungalows dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Golden Acre Holiday Bungalows? Can’t get enough of coastal days? Hop behind the wheel for a 20-minute drive to Lyme Regis, one of the area’s best-known seaside towns and the site of a major dino discovery … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Golden Acre Holiday Bungalows?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 9:30 a.m.