This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful wildlife haven on a farm site in the Kent countryside
- An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty; 35 minutes' drive to the coast
- Woodlands and vineyards on-site; firepits; footpath through site
Look out over ancient woodlands and vineyards and walk among the six-acre wildflower meadow at Stone Pit Meadows. A wildlife haven in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, this spacious site is a little (or large) slice of relaxation on a 45-acre farm in Kent.
Go a little alfresco and cook up a meal on the firepits on site and fully kick back and unwind with outdoor seating. With toilets and showers on site, you’ll feel pretty fresh and ready to set out on foot over the local country lanes and public footpaths (one running directly through the site). Or you can simply stick to the designated routes on site, through meadows and woodlands or around the vines.
With the villages of Newenden and Bodiam within five minutes’ drive (also within walking distance), you’ll have a wide selection of traditional village pubs to choose from, as well as pretty cool riverside cafés for sweet treats and live music. Plus, of course, there are food shops to build a trusty store of supplies.
Set sail directly from the boating station in Newenden (or self-launch if you’ve got the kit) and meander down the river Rother by canoe, kayak or paddleboard (if you’ve got the balance for it). From here, the opportunities seem endless – you could take a guided boat tour to Bodiam Castle and back or board the steam railway to chug your way around the region’s historic railway line.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Clean facilities and a beautiful location
fabulous glamping for couples/ dogs, clean, friendly and very quiet.
Beautiful meadow, very peaceful with lots of wildlife, well equipped …
Very nice rural site with good facilities!
Excellent site spotless and friendly
Peaceful Retreat in the Kent Countryside
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Royal George — 4.9 miles
4.9 miles Hare and Hounds — 6.3 miles
- Train stations
Robertsbridge Rail Station
— 5.6 miles
5.6 miles Etchingham Rail Station — 6.2 miles
6.2 miles Doleham Rail Station — 7.4 miles
- Ferry ports
Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal
— 23.9 miles
23.9 miles Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal — 28.2 miles
Lydd London Ashford Airport
— 16.1 miles
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Bodiam Castle (moats, garden and restaurant): five minutes’ drive
- Great Dixter House & Gardens (a place of pilgrimage for horticulturalists from around the world with a café, plant nursery and shop): 10 minutes
- Tenterden (historic town and shops): 15 minutes
- Sissinghurst Castle Garden (National Trust gardens and castle): 15 minutes
- Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest (walks and picnics): 20 minutes
- Rye (historic Cinque Ports town): 20 minutes
- Chapel Down (vineyard tours and restaurant): 20 minutes
- The Big Cat Sanctuary (big cat safari): 25 minutes
- Hastings (seaside old town): 35 minutes
- Bexhill (seaside town with a beach): 40 minutes
- Great Dixter House and Gardens (1.8 miles)
- Bodiam Castle (2.9 miles)
- Kent & East Sussex Railway (5.5 miles)
- Bodiam Castle (2.3 miles)
- Smallhythe Place (5.1 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Stone Pit Meadows have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stone Pit Meadows dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Stone Pit Meadows? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Bodiam Castle (moats, garden and restaurant): five minutes’ drive - Great Dixter House & Gardens (a place of pilgrimage for horticulturalists from around the world with … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Stone Pit Meadows?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.