This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful, relaxing, sheltered and friendly park near Penrith
- A short journey to Ullswater and two miles from Rheged Visitor Centre
- Parallel to a spacious farmhouse garden overlooking mature trees
Off to pretty Penrith to access the lovely Lake District? Feel posh with a pitch at Tymparon Hall, set in the grounds of an 18th-century manor house.
The peaceful and friendly park is sheltered to the east by the old Penrith to Keswick railway embankment, running parallel to a roomy farmhouse garden overlooking a summer garden with colourful flowers and landscaped with mature trees. It's in prime national park exploring land, four miles from Junction 40 of the M6 near Penrith, on the doorstep of the Eden valley and a 10-minute drive from Lake Ullswater.
Showers, toilets and chemical disposal are available on site. The local pub, an old-school inn, is about 10 minutes' walk or two minutes' drive away; the nearest supermarket is within four miles.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results.
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple pitches.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by sites allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per pitch.
Excellent site, clean facilities and friendly staff.
Perfect spot about 25 min drive to Ullswater when we …
Lovely little site. Quiet with plenty surrounding countryside. Only a …
Lovely site, but basic facilities
Very helpful site manager. Lovely green site and very peaceful.
Friendly staff, clean facilities, chilled and relaxing
amazing staff outstanding site
Leisure on site
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on site
Car parking by pitch/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Gas cylinders available
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 pitches)
Horse riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Drainage hook-up points for tourers
Water hook-up points for tourers
- Coach stations
Penrith: Rail Station Coach Stop
— 2.8 miles
2.8 miles Penrith Bus Station — 3.0 miles
3.0 miles Troutbeck (Cumbria): Hotel Bus Stop — 5.2 miles
- Train stations
Penrith North Lakes Rail Station
— 2.7 miles
2.7 miles Langwathby Rail Station — 6.9 miles
6.9 miles Lazonby & Kirkoswald Rail Station — 7.9 miles
- Ferry ports
Pooley Bridge Ullswater Ferry Landing
— 3.6 miles
3.6 miles Howtown Ullswater Ferry Landing — 6.4 miles
6.4 miles Glenridding Ullswater Ferry Landing — 9.4 miles
Newcastle International Airport
— 51.6 miles
Tymparon Hall is 10 minutes both from Pooley Bridge and its Bronze Age standing stones, and Lake Ullswater for steamboat trips, sailing, diving and scaling England's third highest mountain Helvellyn to the lake's south. At its west, walk through Lake District woodland to reach Aria Force waterfall.
The Rheged Visitor Centre is a couple of miles from Tymparon: head here for a six-storey high cinema screen, shops, cafés using Cumbrian produce, indoor and outdoor play areas, and family-friendly activities and events throughout the year.
This is Eden valley land too, along with lots of opps for walks, bike rides and pony riding in the valley, Greystoke Forest, around the Lakeland Fells and back at Ullswater.
A little further afield but still easily accessible from the site, Hadrian's Wall and Carlisle are both excellent options for days out.
- The Rheged Centre (2.0 miles)
- Dalemain Historic House & Gardens (2.1 miles)
- Ullswater Steamers (9.4 miles)
- Acorn Bank Garden and Watermill (9.1 miles)
- Grasmere and Great Langdale (17.3 miles)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Tymparon Hall have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Tymparon Hall dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Tymparon Hall? Tymparon Hall is 10 minutes both from Pooley Bridge and its Bronze Age standing stones, and Lake Ullswater for steamboat trips, sailing, diving and scaling England's third highest mountain Helvellyn to the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Tymparon Hall?
Camping and touring Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: noon