What does the 'Balance status' column mean in my 'Bookings' tab?
The 'balance status' column in the Bookings’ tab contains the payment status of each booking. Here is a summary of the different settings and what to do for each:
- Pending: the payment is still due, look to the left of this column to see the exact due date.
- Due soon (reminder email sent): the payment date is approaching and the automated reminder email has been sent to the customer.
- Paid: Automated payment has been successfully taken on the payment due date and you should expect the payment in your nominated account in approximately 3 days (or 7 days if your listing is not located in the UK).
- Paid*: Immediate payment was successfully taken at the time of booking and you should expect the payment in your nominated account in approximately 3 days (or 7 days if your listing is not located in the UK).
- Payment error: the customer’s card has been declined. An email will be sent to notify the customer of this payment failure on the same day and you will receive a copy to your registered email address. Wait until you receive this email before taking further action.
- Payment error (email sent): the customer's card has been declined and an automated ‘payment failed’ email has been sent. Unfortunately we do not have access to the customer's card details for security reasons and we are unable to re-attempt the payment. In this situation, customers are asked to contact the campsite to arrange alternate payment. If no customer contact or alternate payment is made then you can implement your cancellation policy. Don’t forget to use the flagging system to notify Pitchup.com when you have cancelled a booking.
- Payment cancelled: this status indicates that you have cancelled the booking due to lack of payment or for any other cancellation reason that you have agreed with the customer. No further payments will be taken. Make sure you have flagged the booking in the system.