Capture the great outdoors with a photography guide from Pitchup.com
Feb. 24 2010 Publicat per Lewis Shields
Experts on the great outdoors, Pitchup.com, have teamed up with some of the world’s leading photography bloggers to help users capture those unique holiday moments. The Beginner’s Guide to Outdoors Photography provides tips on how to achieve great shots in a range of tricky areas, including wildlife and outdoor sports.
The camping and caravanning review site has enlisted Josh McCulloch and Tony West to develop easy-to-follow instructions which will turn any amateur snap into a piece of work which really captures the great outdoors experience.
Top tips include:
- The ‘circle of fear’ surrounding animals - As you approach an animal you reach a certain point when it may either fly/run away or attack you. You must always be mindful of this limit as it will provide you with the prime opportunity for a great picture.
- Catch light - A catch light is the photography term that describes the specular highlight in the subject’s eye from a light source. It is important that this appears in your animal photos, through either clever use of flash or digital editing, as it gives the subject life.
- Don’t forget the alcohol – It isn’t just a great cleaning agent for your lens - it can also help inspire a stunning shot!
For budding photographers looking to capture the perfect scenery or animal shot, Pitchup.com offers more than 70 sites which more than fit the bill.
- Carradale Bay Caravan Park in Argyll is situated on one of the best beaches on the Kintyre Peninsula. The site is close to Carradale Point, a nature conservation area, which offers a herd of feral goats, bird life in abundance, deer, otters and seals, as well as eagles and buzzards tumbling overhead.
- Wild Duck Holiday Park in Norfolk is set within acres of beautiful woodland - perfect for catching stunning sunrises through the trees - and is home to ducks, rabbits, deer and foxes.
- South Penquite Farm is a 200-acre working hill farm situated high on Bodmin Moor in Cornwall. Offering camping and Mongolian yurts, this organic farm features a flock of 200 ewes, horses, geese and working collies – a great juxtaposition against the unusual accommodation.
http://www.pitchup.com is the most comprehensive website in its sector, with 5,000 UK and Ireland campsites and holiday parks featured including hundreds of hard-to-find sites. The website has an easy-to-use search facility and contains information on accommodation near nine National Parks, hundreds of beaches, 17 World Heritage Sites, and the main UK festivals.
Issued by Flagship Consulting
For further media information please contact:
Casey Mead 020 7886 8450 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Lewis Shields 020 7886 8449 / email@example.com