Camping 'less stressful' than going abroad
Jul 25 2012 Postado por Laura Canning
It’s official – camping is better for your stress levels than taking a holiday abroad, with recent research finding that people who opt for a camping holiday in the UK are more likely to arrive relaxed and enjoy their holiday.
Researchers quizzed 2000 people about their holiday habits, finding that almost half of those surveyed who have been on both camping breaks and international holidays voting for the foreign break as more stressful.
Concerns on overseas holidays included worries over passports and visas, exotic bugs and insects, and trying to overcome the language barrier. 57 per cent of respondents also said that not having to deal with passport control or crowded airports made a camping holiday the better option.
The top ten things people said were most stressful about holidaying overseas were:
- Airports/passport control
- The expense/cost
- The stress of making sure they’ve packed everything they need to go abroad
- The language barrier
- Having to deal with animals/insects which aren’t in the UK
- Having vaccinations
- Being far away from home
- Not feeling confident about letting the kids explore as much as they would at home
- Kids still glued to TV and computer games even on an expensive foreign trip
- Kids not wanting to do things as a family
For a stress-free break this summer, check out Pitchup.com's 5000+ campsites, caravan parks and holiday parks around the UK and Ireland, including hundreds you can book now online.