This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Mountain view resort five miles from downtown Salt Lake City
- Golf course and waterpark within a mile
- Spacious clubhouse with fire, kitchen and pool table
Visitors to Salt Lake City who don't want to shell out for a hotel stay in town should pony up to stay here instead. It's just five miles from Pony Express RV Resort to downtown Salt Lake City and 10 to the University of Utah, from the resort's setting just off the I-215 to the city's north.
Use Pony Express as a base for city sightseeing, university visits, or to get out into the Utah outdoors, as Great Salt Lake, Utah Lake and the Weber, Cottonwood and Jordan rivers are all within reach, along with skiing and hiking, snowmobiling and sailing, cycling and rafting… A golf course and waterpark are both within a mile.
The campground has plenty of leisure facilities set up among its mountain views, including an outdoor pool, a horseshoes pit and a playground. The cosy and spacious clubhouse has a fireplace, a pool table, table football and a kitchen; a well-stocked grocery store is open for supplies.
Washrooms have hot showers and there's a 24-hour launderette.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
Sightseeing in Salt Lake City should be first on your list to gallop off to from here: the Utah State Capitol Building, Clark Planetarium, Salt Lake Temple, Governors Mansion are all popular places to see… and the Pioneer Memorial Museum too, the huge manor house stuffed with artefacts from the founders of Salt Lake City on their journey from Nauvoo, Illinois.
The University of Utah 10 miles from Pony Express has two fine institutions on its campus, the Utah Museum of Fine Arts and the Natural History Museum of Utah. Other popular picks around Salt Lake City are the 42-acre Hogle Zoo is 14 miles away, and the This Is The Place Heritage Park, commemorating the Mormon arrival into the city.
For outdoor days, Great Salt Lake and the hiking, horse riding, mountain biking of Antelope Island State Park are both within 20 miles, and the Deer Valley ski resort within 25. Close by, have a family day out at the Seven Peaks Waterpark, or tackle the green at Glendale Golf Course, both a mile from the resort.
- Does Pony Express RV Resort have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Pony Express RV Resort dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Pony Express RV Resort? Sightseeing in Salt Lake City should be first on your list to gallop off to from here: the Utah State Capitol Building, Clark Planetarium, Salt Lake Temple, Governors Mansion are all popular ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Pony Express RV Resort?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 12:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.