This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Just off Interstate 70 in eastern Colorado
- Small peaceful park accommodating all sizes of vehicle
- An hour and a half's drive from Denver and Colorado Springs
If you're – most happily – on a western USA road trip between Colorado and Kansas, or on your travelly way to Colorado Springs or Denver, a mighty convenient stop is on the way at Shady Grove Campground, just off Interstate 70.
Or you could – most sensibly – use the campground as a Colorado base. Its setting just outside the small town of Seibert is 90 minutes from both Denver and Colorado Springs, within 30 miles of Burlington and hiking the High Plains, and about 55 miles from the Sherman State Fishing Lake and Wildlife Area.
Shady Grove is a small and peaceful park, able to accommodate any size of touring vehicle. It has trees for shade, roads for easy access, and plenty of picnic tables. Barbecues and campfires are both allowed.
Among the amenities are a laundry room and bathrooms with hot showers.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Touring and motorhomes
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Small (11-25 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Shady Ground is 30 miles from the town of Burlington, the county seat of Kit Carson County. Its Old Town Museum is one of Burlington's main highlights, six and a half acres of 21 restored buildings and artefacts on the pioneer history of the Colorado prairie; exhibits and hands-on activities are available for kids. Also see the Kit Carson Carousel, one of the best preserved antique carousels in the States.
Within 55 miles, have a day out at the Sherman State Fishing Lake and Wildlife Area, just over the border in Kansas, and within 60, van Gogh fans can gawk at the huge replica of Three Sunflowers In A Vase on the (allegedly) World's Largest Easel.
- Does Shady Grove Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Shady Grove Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Shady Grove Campground? Shady Ground is 30 miles from the town of Burlington, the county seat of Kit Carson County. Its Old Town Museum is one of Burlington's main highlights, six and a half acres ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Shady Grove Campground?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.