This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-maintained park 15 mins' drive from Fall Creek Falls State Park
- On Tennessee's Cumberland Plateau, less than two hours from Nashville
- Fishing pond, games room, shop and private bathrooms
Fishing, falls, and mountain views... Mountain Glen RV Park & Campground is a top spot to spend your days. Hook yourself a weekend break or longer stay here to be in a peaceful and pretty setting on the Cumberland Plateau, 25 minutes' drive from Pikeville. And when you're – finally – ready to move on? Mountain Glen is centrally set between Nashville and Knoxville, each a couple of hours away, as well as Chattanooga, just over an hour's drive south.
The most famed feature of this part of south-eastern Tennessee is probably Fall Creek Falls State Park, 26,000 scenic acres of forests, caves, gorges and waterfalls including the mighty 78-metre Fall Creek Falls plunge and its plunge pool. The park, 15 minutes' drive from Mountain Glen, also has miles' worth of hiking and biking trails to investigate and gentler pursuits such as golfing at the 18-hole course. (Too tame? Try the zipwire at Village Green.)
But might you prefer fishing? Easily landed: Mountain Glen has its own pond for catch and release bass angling, and the state park has a 350-acre lake stocked with bluegill and catfish. You could also opt to just idle around the Mountain Glen grounds, playing cornhole while the kids tackle the playground, or having an indoor evening at the games room with big screen TV, DirecTV, a pool table, air hockey and foosball.
Amenities include free wifi throughout the campground, a modern laundry room and spotless private bathrooms each with their own sink, toilet and shower. The general store is well stocked with camping supplies, firewood, drinks and ice.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
From the manager...
Thank you for the review and for visiting Mountain Glen.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Take Highway 30 or 111 to reach Fall Creek Falls State Park, on the western edge of the Cumberland Plateau in Bledsoe and Van Buren counties, and home to Fall Creek Falls as well as three other falls: Piney and Cane Creek Falls and Cane Creek Cascades. Burgess Falls, Greeter Falls, Ozone Falls, Cummins Falls and several more are also within easy reach.
Another must-see in the region is Cumberland Caverns (35 minutes' drive), the biggest show cave in Tennessee. It has huge subterranean rooms with pools and waterfalls, as well as space for regular events including the monthly Bluegrass Underground in the Volcano Room. Visitors can take walking or caving tours, stay in the cavern overnight, or book an underground space for a banquet or party.
Also recommended is dinner and a show at the Buttonwillow Civil War Dinner Theater (45 minutes), for an American antebellum-style dinner followed by a play based on the American Civil War.
- Does Mountain Glen RV Park and Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Mountain Glen RV Park and Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mountain Glen RV Park and Campground? Take Highway 30 or 111 to reach Fall Creek Falls State Park, on the western edge of the Cumberland Plateau in Bledsoe and Van Buren counties, and home to Fall Creek Falls … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Mountain Glen RV Park and Campground?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 1 p.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.