This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet campground in the foothills of Cherokee National Forest
- Hiking trails, horseback riding, whitewater rafting within 40 minutes
- An hour and a half from zoos, mansions, distilleries and Dollywood
If you’re in need of some back-to-nature hols, leave no stone unturned at Pebble Mountain Family Campground, 15 minutes’ drive from the community of Chuckey in eastern Tennessee.
In the foothills of Cherokee National Forest and an hour and a quarter from Great Smoky Mountains National Park, this is a prime spot for lacing up those walking boots and setting out on some spectacular leafy and hilly hikes. There are a handful of worthy routes nearby, including a pretty Margarette Falls climb and the long-distance Appalachian Trail.
Swap your two legs for four at the Mustang Alley riding stables, 10 minutes from base, where you can clamber into the saddle for scenic trots through 50 acres of national forest, or wave goodbye to land altogether with a day’s whitewater rafting 40 minutes away on the Nolichucky river.
After a long day of adventure, head back to the campground to cool off in the outdoor pool then, when you’re ready for some grub, stock up on supplies for the barbecue at the store five minutes away or nab some local munch at one of the restaurants within half an hour. Spend the rest of your evening chilling with pooch and resting weary soles next to the campfire – and be sure to soak up those fab views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Propane/gas cylinders available
Lake and/or mountain
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Jumbo tent sites
Medium (26-50 sites)
The area around Pebble Mountain was home to two well-known American men: Andrew Johnson (the 17th president) and world-famous frontiersman (and noted hat-wearer) Davy Crockett. Start your getaway by learning more about them at historic sites within 20 minutes’ drive of base, then keep one foot in the past by pumping the gas to the City Garage Car Museum in nearby Greeneville.
For a touch more grandeur, jaunts to Kingsport’s Allandale House (nicknamed the White House of Kingsport) and the spectacularly stunning Biltmore Estate (America’ largest home) in Asheville, North Carolina, come highly recommended.
Grownups may be happy to learn that this part of Tennessee is home to a whole host of breweries, distilleries and vineyards – collar your designated driver and head to Tennessee Hills Distillery and Depot Street Brewing for tastings within half an hour of the campground, or test their patience with stops further afield in Johnson City, Kingsport, Asheville and Knoxville, all less than an hour and a half away.
You won’t have to go that far for stuff the kids will enjoy either: within 40 minutes, meet the exotic animals at Bright’s Zoo, have a splashingly good time on the slides at Wetlands Water Park, or have fall-friendly afternoons at Fender’s Farm and Corn Maze or Myers Pumpkin Patch.
- Does Pebble Mountain Family Campground have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Pebble Mountain Family Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Pebble Mountain Family Campground? The area around Pebble Mountain was home to two well-known American men: Andrew Johnson (the 17th president) and world-famous frontiersman (and noted hat-wearer) Davy Crockett. Start your getaway by learning more about ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Pebble Mountain Family Campground?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
Reception is unsupervised after 7pm. Please call using the number in the confirmation email if you anticipate arriving later.Read more