This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful park set among mature oak forest, rivers, creeks and gorges
- Under 10 minutes' drive from famed Linville Falls and gorge
- Fish for rainbow, brown and brook trout in nearby rivers and creeks
Who's up for a serene stay on a secluded and peaceful North Carolina park, among a forest of mature oak trees? And a simple and scenic drive from spectacular natural attractions like Linville Falls and Caverns, Blue Ridge Parkway, Linville Gorge Wilderness and the immense Blowing Rock? Linville Falls Campground & Cabins is the lushly set place for you.
As you might expect, outdoor activities of all sorts can be sorted in all the above, and there's loads to do in the immediate area too, like fishing for rainbow, brown and brook trout in the nearby rivers and creeks; hiking and cycling the many miles of trails surrounding the park; and whitewater rafting and tubing around the area's rapids.
The park is just over a mile from the town of Linville Falls, at the junction of North Carolina's Avery, Burke, and McDowell counties, under 10 minutes' drive from the Linville Falls waterfall and gorge, and about 40 from Blowing Rock. The town of Charlotte is a couple of hours to the south-east from here, and Tennessee's Nashville five and a half hours' drive west.
Facilities include a playground and a grocery store, on a green park with accommodation areas marked out by lush green shrubs. All guests have access to a well-maintained washroom block with toilets, hot showers and a laundry area.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Nearby activities include fishing spots at Linville river (a mile away), North Cove Creek (three miles), Camp Creek (four miles) and Toe river (seven miles). Just over the state line in Tennessee, Watauga river (20 miles) yields sizeable brown trout for experienced anglers.
Whether you opt for angling or not, you'll need to set aside at least a couple of days of your North Carolina stay for hikes and photos around Linville Falls (five minutes' drive), flowing beneath the Linville river in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Take one of the several trails up to the falls from the National Park Service's visitor centre, passing either one or two of four lookout points along the way.
For more hiking (and photo snapping), the lush scenes of the Blue Ridge Parkway are accessible a mere half-mile away; this stunning 469-mile path runs through 29 Virginia and North Carolina counties to link Shenandoah National Park to the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Does Linville Falls Campground & Cabins have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Linville Falls Campground & Cabins dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Linville Falls Campground & Cabins? Nearby activities include fishing spots at Linville river (a mile away), North Cove Creek (three miles), Camp Creek (four miles) and Toe river (seven miles). Just over the state line in Tennessee, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Linville Falls Campground & Cabins?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.