Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Dog-friendly quarry campground listed as a National Historic Landmark
- A 10-minute walk to an adventure park; 30 minutes to Lake Compounce
- Drum circle with ceremonies; historical artefacts; patio for music
When you take off for a break away, you might not expect to land in a National Historic Landmark. Brownstone Quarry View is just that… a dog-friendly campground in the unique, 334-year-old Brownstone Quarry, this is a cool place to unwind with natural springs, a small waterfall and loads of historical artefacts, including dinosaur tracks and carved dates in the stone walls that go back to 1887.
How might you spend your time here? Well, there’s seating at the waterside where you can relax, as the campground’s springs flow from what they fondly call ‘the wall of water’ down to the waterfall. There’s also a trail around the site for a step back in time, as it leads the way to an area with 80-foot brownstone walls left behind from quarry operations.
This space has been added to with a rear patio so that guests can enjoy the acoustics from musicians. On Tuesdays and Saturday evenings, there are drum circles between 6.30 and 9pm with a sunset ceremony too.
The sites are quite up high here, 50 feet above the water. The ledges look down on the Brownstone Adventure Sports Park and the Brownstone Exploration & Discovery Park (some lovely activities nearby) and there are stores, restaurants and all sorts a short walk away around Middletown.
Open from 05/06/2022 to 11/15/2022
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
Please note that the toilet facilities are unisex.
This park has no on-site shower facilities.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Trailers, RV and Class B motorhomes with the door built on the left-hand side are not permitted.
If reception is closed on arrival: please contact the number provided on your booking confirmation.
Group bookings of 3 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
Bookings must not be for more than 3 consecutive nights.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Powered grass and gravel tent, trailer tent or RV site
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent or Camper trailer or RV allowed per campsite
Campsite size : Min 6.1m width x 22.9m depth (20.0ft width x 75.0ft depth) Calculated area: 139.4m² (1500.0ft²)
Ground type: Grass and gravel
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar ($), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (ZAR), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Ruble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Activities/entertainment run in smaller groups
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Dedicated toilet per site
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Brownstone Adventure Sports Park (zipwires, watersports, rock climbing, scuba diving, swimming and other activities): 10 minutes’ walk
- Golf course: five minutes’ drive
- Arrigoni Winery (wine tasting): five minutes
- Wadsworth Falls State Park (hiking, biking and fishing): 15 minutes
- Air Line State Park Trail (railway line trail for walking, cycling and horse riding): 15 minutes
- Dinosaur State Park (park with dinosaur track sites): 15 minutes
- Powder Ridge Mountain Park & Resort: (mountain biking, snow tubing, skiing and snowboarding) 20 minutes
- Lake Compounce (theme park and water park): half an hour
- Gillette Castle State Park (castle tours and an art trail): 35 minutes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, travel trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||noon –||9:30 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11:30 a.m.|
Brownstone Quarry View cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Brownstone Quarry View on arrival.
Refunds within the indicated cancelation period are only possible if the park is able to relet your unit/site.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Cancellations due to COVID-19 for bookings made before 1 March 2022, can transfer deposits to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted at the parkCash
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Brownstone Quarry View have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Brownstone Quarry View dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Brownstone Quarry View? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Brownstone Adventure Sports Park (zipwires, watersports, rock climbing, scuba diving, swimming and other activities): 10 minutes’ walk - Golf course: five minutes’ drive - Arrigoni Winery … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Brownstone Quarry View?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Brownstone Quarry View? From $100 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability