This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Large peaceful woodland site close to several big parks and lakes
- An hour's drive from the Yale town of New Haven
- Outdoor pool, café, playground, volleyball court and games room
Scenic wildlife havens and endless outdoor options in the Connecticut countryside are easily reached from White Pines Campsites… it's a peaceful woodland park in Connecticut, 10 miles from its nearest town of Barkhamsted and within easy reach of caves, forests and a huge reservoir and dam.
You can go swimming, canoeing/kayaking and tubing in the nearby lakes from here, as well as fishing for trout, bass and sunnies (just check out what licence/s you'll need first). Lots of hiking and cycling trails are in the area's state parks and woodlands; golfing and mountain biking are nearby, and the Yale town of New Haven is just over an hour's drive away.
If you don't fancy cooking, a café is in the park and a good selection of restaurants in the immediate local area; if you do, barbecues and campfires are both allowed and the well-stocked convenience store also sells gas cylinders.
Among the leisure facilities are an outdoor pool, a playground, a volleyball court and a games room filled with arcades. Outdoor activities are available around the park.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Water hook-up points for caravans
Lots of outdoor options are available within a short drive: the West Hill Pond Boat Launch and its fly fishing, five miles away; walking and photography at the spectacular Saville Dam (six miles); swimming, boating fishing at Barkhamsted Reservoir (10 miles), and hiking the trails of the Peoples State Forest, eight miles away.
(The forest's also home to the Peoples State Forest Nature Museum, covering the nature and wildlife of the area as well as information on its pioneers, Native Americans and industries like logging and quarrying.)
Another top hike is to the Indian Council Caves 10 miles from White Pines Campsites, made up of boulders, sitting in the middle of the Tunxis State Forest – they're neither caves nor Native American, but well worth a visit with your camera anyway.
The coastal city of New Haven, site of famed Yale University, is 55 miles away. If you're touring this side of the States, you can reach New York in 127 miles, Boston in 133 and Philadelphia in 218.
- Does White Pines Campsites have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is White Pines Campsites dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near White Pines Campsites? Lots of outdoor options are available within a short drive: the West Hill Pond Boat Launch and its fly fishing, five miles away; walking and photography at the spectacular Saville Dam (six … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of White Pines Campsites?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 2 p.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.