This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- 1,400-hectare game farm site 40 minutes from Rustenburg
- Spectacular views over the foothills of the Magaliesberg mountains
- Game drives on site to see 17 species of mammals
Game for a game drive? A bush bike ride? A bit of birdwatching? Take your pick or have them all at Kareekloof Game Farm, a rural site with a whopping 1400 hectares of bush and grass fields to explore and some stunning views out over the foothills of the Magaliesberg mountains.
Binoculars are a packing essential for this place: 17 different species of land-based beasts call the farm home, including zebra, wildebeest and giraffes, and all sorts of birds pass through its airspace. Enlist the trained eyes of site staff to take you out on game drives around the estate, or head out for a hike or a mountain bike ride to see your scenic surrounds.
Back at base, it’s all about relaxing – take a dip in the outdoor pool, put your feet up on a sun lounger or trot off to the TV lounge for a spot of screen time. Evenings are likely to revolve around campfires and braai cookouts (an essential part of any South African break).
Remote and removed from civilisation then? Not at all – essential local amenities are a mere 10 minutes’ drive away in Derby, with more by way of restaurants, shops and the like in Koster (20 minutes away) or Rustenburg (40 minutes).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Small (11-25 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
It’s likely that you’ll be wanting to spend the main chunk of your time sticking around on site, seeking out the wild animals and taking in the scenic surrounds, but there are other options if you fancy using the farm as a base to explore more of this part of the country.
Just under an hour away is the Cradle of Humankind – one of South Africa’s eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and said to be the very place that mankind originated. Tours take in an ancient burial mound and some of the world’s oldest human fossils. For creatures that are very much still alive, it’s a half-hour drive to see the big cats at Akwaaba Predator Park.
Outdoor antics galore are at Sun City, just over an hour’s drive away – this is the place to come for a round of golf, an amusement park and a huge waterpark with a sandy beach and waterslides. Wakeboarding, waterskiing and jetskis are options for adrenaline-seekers, or there are sunset boat trips for those in search of something more serene.
- Does Kareekloof Game Farm have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Kareekloof Game Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Kareekloof Game Farm? It’s likely that you’ll be wanting to spend the main chunk of your time sticking around on site, seeking out the wild animals and taking in the scenic surrounds, but there are ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Kareekloof Game Farm?
On-park accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.