This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious rural Free State site 10 minutes' drive from Ventersburg
- A 15-minute drive from game drives in Willem Pretorius Nature Reserve
- On the banks of the Sand River for walks, fishing and swimming
A stopover on the lengthy journey between Bloemfontein and Johannesburg, a spot to settle for a bit of fishing, a staging post for wildlife-spotting… spacious Free State site Bundu Camp is many things to many different people.
For cross-country travellers, this is a most handy spot, a kilometre from the N1 and around a 10-minute drive from Ventersburg. And it’s a tiptop location for those fishing folk, too: the banks of the Sand River are about 500 metres from the pitches, with many a shaded spot to be had under the trees as you try to hook out carp, barbel or bass. (Not into fishing? Feel free to paddle or slide into the waters for a swim instead…)
And for those in search of native beasts, there are plenty of country pursuits on and around the site: feel free to hike around the farm, tackle the four wheel drive trails or settle in a suitable spot with binoculars to look out for the various birds that frequent the site. Just over the road is a farm with wild animals, so it might be a fine idea to scoot over there with the binoculars, too. If it’s big game you’ve got in mind, days trips to nearby Willem Pretorius Nature Reserve should (fingers crossed) provide those.
It’s all about the natural surrounds here, so facilities have been kept on the minimal side, but there are plenty of braai areas for open-air dinners, plus a washing-up area and clean bathrooms a short walk from the pitches.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Lake and/or mountain
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Mountain biking nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Propane/gas cylinders available
Small (11-25 sites)
Big beast-spotting on your wishlist? Head over to Willem Pretorius Nature Reserve (15 minutes’ drive) for game drives, keeping an eye out for kudu, zebra, giraffes and other species. If you see a huge dark cluster moving about, that may well be the world’s biggest herd of wildebeest, which roams this 12,000-hectare park.
What you’ll not see at the nature reserve is any big cats – if you feel short-changed by such a deal, take off to Boskoppie Lion and Tiger Reserve (50 minutes), for walking tours to see lions, tigers, cheetahs and leopards, with a chance to watch them being fed or perhaps have a cuddle with a cute cub if you turn up at the right time.
Leave the animals behind for the day and your other outing options might include fishing and watersports at Allemanskraal Dam (10 minutes), visits to the Ventersburg Police Museum (10 minutes) and sobering strolls around the Boer War Concentration Camp Cemetery and memorial (45 minutes).
- Does Bundu Camp have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bundu Camp dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bundu Camp? Big beast-spotting on your wishlist? Head over to Willem Pretorius Nature Reserve (15 minutes’ drive) for game drives, keeping an eye out for kudu, zebra, giraffes and other species. If you see ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Bundu Camp?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime