This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site on the edge of Triglav National Park
- A few hundred metres from Bohinjska Bistrica; 17km from Vogel skiing
- Multisports field, playgrounds, library, recreation hall and bike hire
This is an area of outdoor activities galore... Family-friendly Camp Danica in Slovenia's popular Bohinjska Bistrica district is on the edge of the mountains, valleys and lakes of the country's only national park, among a network of cycling and hiking trails, and close to fly fishing, rafting and canoeing/kayaking along the Sava Bohinjka river. Vogel ski resort is 17 kilometres away.
Leisure facilities on site include a multisports field, two playgrounds, two ping pong tables (hire basic sports kit at reception) and a recreation hall available for tennis and other activities if you bring your own equipment. Wifi is available across the entire site and a computer is available in reception for guests' use.
Among the modern amenities are a well-maintained accessible toilet and shower block with parent and baby washrooms, a washing-up area and a launderette with washing machines and tumble dryers.
Local town Bohinjska Bistrica is within a few hundred metres of Camp Danica and has shops, bars, restaurants, a spa, a pool and market days. You can also buy fresh bread on site every morning, and hire mountain bikes, electric bikes and kids' bikes from the site team.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Would not stay there again very busy, overcrowded and surly staff
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Very large (over 200 sites)
Bohinjska Bistrica is a popular tourist destination in north-western Slovenia for its outdoor activities, proximity to the ski centre at Kobla and its position as a handy base for trips to Črna Prst, Vogel, Komna, and Ratitovec. Trains run several times a day from the town to Jesenice and Nova Gorica, and regular buses directly to Ljubljana.
Staying around the site, the Vodni Park Bohinj Aquapark with fitness centre, pool and spa is under a kilometre away; the Tomaž Godec museum is in town, and Bohinjska Bistrica has three archaeological sites to see: the fifth-century BC Giant's Castle, the Iron Age and Roman Selo site, and the prehistoric Telečnica.
Lakes and waterfalls are easy to find around here too, including glacial Lake Bohinj (eight kilometres) in the Julian Alps, the biggest permanent lake in Slovenia and a spectacularly scenic sight. There's also the magnif Savica Waterfall (14 kilometres), dropping 78 metres into its gorge below, and Lake Bled, 20 kilometres away.
Skiing is a top activity in these Slovenian parts too, so strap your kit to the car and drive to Vogel, 17 kilometres away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camp Danica have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camp Danica dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camp Danica? Bohinjska Bistrica is a popular tourist destination in north-western Slovenia for its outdoor activities, proximity to the ski centre at Kobla and its position as a handy base for trips to Črna … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camp Danica?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 1 p.m.