This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Coastal site in the quiet village of Cabanas de Tavira in the Algarve
- Close to golf courses and two kilometres from Cabanas beach
- 200 metres from a rail station for train rides along the coastline
Camping Ria Formosa is a family-friendly seaside site in the peaceful village of Cabanas de Tavira, around two kilometres from the nearest beach, Cabanas, and around a kilometre to the lagoons and marshes of the Ria Formosa nature reserve.
Set across nearly six hectares, the site is leafy and has outdoor pools for adults and kids, a mini market, a restaurant, a playground and a games area. The site's mini gym and library are open from the beginning of October to the end of May.
All pitches have an electricity supply, and other amenities include two sanitary blocks equipped with a solar-powered hot water supply, shower cubicles, toilets and washbasins.
Free wifi is available.
Barbecues are permitted on the large communal grills.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Propane/gas cylinders available
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Very large (over 200 sites)
Camping Ria Formosa is in the village of Cabanas de Tavira, five kilometres from Tavira town; 22 kilometres from the Spanish border; 28 kilometres east of Faro; and 75 kilometres west of Huelva across the Río Grande into Spain.
The closest beach, Cabanas, is two kilometres away from the resort, and if you fancy checking out another beach, Manta Rota is about eight kilometres from Camping Ria Formosa.
You're around a kilometre from the banks of the Ria Formosa, a nature reserve made up of marshes and lagoons. You can take a boat trip along the Ria Formosa, and there's a tourist train from Pedras d'el Rei, just west of Santa Luzia, that goes across the marshes of the Formosa to Barril, a beach in the middle of Tavira Island.
If you want to hop on public transport to explore the local area, then there's a train station (and a bus stop) 200 metres from the site entrance. Rail is a fab way to explore this end of the Algarve, as the train route runs virtually parallel to the coastline from Faro to Vila Real de Santo António – you can depart from Conceição (about a kilometre from the centre of Cabanas de Tavira) to visit Tavira, Luz, Fuseta, Olhão and Faro to the west; or Cacela Velha, Monte Gordo and Vila Real de Santo António to the east.
There are three golf courses within between 800 metres and 15 kilometres from the park.
- Does Camping Ria Formosa have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Ria Formosa dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Ria Formosa? Camping Ria Formosa is in the village of Cabanas de Tavira, five kilometres from Tavira town; 22 kilometres from the Spanish border; 28 kilometres east of Faro; and 75 kilometres west of ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camping Ria Formosa?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 3 p.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon