This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site in spectacular surroundings with walking all around
- On 2.5 hectares of nature reserve, 15 minutes' drive from Ourique
- Friendly laidback vibe on a site kept as natural as possible
Nature hikes, anyone? In a stunning landscape of unspoiled southern Portuguese countryside, traditional villages, cork oak forests and walking paths aplenty? Get along to Gimitas.
This Alentejo Province part of Portugal is in lush land, on two and half hectares of nature reserve in the Beja district close to the border with Faro. The Santa Clara dam is a short drive to the west; the old city of Ourique is 15 minutes north and the coast at Albufeira is 45 minutes to the south. Further afield, the Southwest Alentejo and Vicentine Coast Natural Park is about an hour and 15 minutes away.
The friendly Gimitas team says their mission is to be as natural and informal as possible, to provide a peaceful pitching place among spectacular views: pitch numbers are kept low and site facilities blend into their surroundings. Among the amenities are a washroom at the side of the site’s traditional old mill and cooking facilities inside; sort dinner here then take it out to have on the verandah. Toilets are also on site.
Traditional dances are frequently held in Santana and other local villages, where there are bars and restaurants.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Het prachtige uitzicht van de camping! En de eigenaar was ...
From the manager...
I would like to say the toilet is cleaned with vinegar, the cooking area is provided with stove /sink quests are expected to clean themselves, there is also portable toilet also cleaned with vinegar,
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Nearby farmers' market
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Touring and motorhomes
Propane/gas cylinders available
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Leave the car behind to spend your southern Portuguese holiday hiking and strolling around the Alentejo surrounds.
The Gimitas team can suggest routes to try; otherwise, set out to the west to reach Santa Clara dam/Barragem de Santa Clara, set up originally with the aim of providing irrigation for the entire country and once the biggest dam in Portugal. The dam is a popular place for bass and carp fishing as well as kayaking and boat trips, and has plenty of species to see for birdwatchers too.
Beach days can be had 45 minutes away at Albufeira in the southern Algarve, a lively place of clubs, music venues, bars and restaurants.
- Does Gimitas have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Gimitas dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Gimitas? Leave the car behind to spend your southern Portuguese holiday hiking and strolling around the Alentejo surrounds. The Gimitas team can suggest routes to try; otherwise, set out to the west to ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Gimitas?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon