This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site in the village of Hensbroek
- 20 minutes' drive from the museums and cheese market in Alkmaar
- Large lake on site for swimming, fishing and rowing boats
Thirty years, eh? You’d have to be doing something right to keep an enterprise going for that long – there must be a reason that folks come back year after year.
And so it is with Chaletpark Holiday, a peaceful site in the woods just outside the village of Hensbroek. The team here has been honing its offerings for more than three decades, and no doubt learning few things along the way. The result is a relaxed, family-friendly place with enough to keep the kids busy (a playground, tennis court, football field, small fishing pond and high-season activities) but not so much as to mess with the chilled-out vibe.
They’ve had a head start with the setting as well – the site is right next door to De Leijen lake, a fab spot for swimming, fishing and rowing boats, and within a half-hour drive of heaps of days out including beach frolics at Egmond aan Zee and eating your way round the Alkmaar cheese market.
If you’ve not filled up on local cheese, trot over to the site’s snack bar to select from the tiddler-approved menu; morning munchies can be sorted with fresh bread and croissants from the site’s bakery.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Horseback riding nearby
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Lake and/or mountain
Medium (26-50 sites)
Bring a bike to get your bearings with a ride along local cycle paths – there’s plenty to see as you pedal, including windmills and small villages (where you may just want to refuel with some traditional pancakes). Keep going for half an hour or so and you’ll get to Alkmaar, home of the famed cheese market along with a clutch of museums dedicated to cheese, beer and the Beatles.
Seeking a blast of sea air? Take the half-hour drive to Egmond aan Zee for several kilometres of splendid sandy beach, or head a little further north to the Schoorlse Duinen to walk or cycle through the country’s tallest and widest dunes. If it’s not quite beach weather, take the opportunity to come face to face with the fish at the aquarium in Bergen aan Zee.
Head for half an hour in the other direction and you’ll hit the coast again, with more cheese-scoffing opportunities in Edam and some great seafood restaurants among the colourful wooden houses at Volendam harbour. If the foodie trail doesn’t suit the tiddlers’ tastes, perhaps consider a trip to the huge playground at Speelpark de Swaan or seeking out butterflies and birds in the tropical gardens at Vlindorado (both 20 minutes away).
- Does Chaletpark Holiday have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Chaletpark Holiday dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chaletpark Holiday? Bring a bike to get your bearings with a ride along local cycle paths – there’s plenty to see as you pedal, including windmills and small villages (where you may just want ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Chaletpark Holiday?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: 3 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.