This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious leafy family site next to Rimburger Forest
- 350 metres from the German border; 15 mins from SnowWorld Landgraaf
- Two heated pools, petting zoo, restaurant and several playgrounds
There's something really rather dashing about crossing a country border while on hol, particularly if you do so by foot or by bike to feel like even more of an intrepid traveller. Hire two wheels then from the friendly team at Camping de Watertoren, a spacious and leafy family-friendly site in Landgraaf, Limburg, and within a quick pedal of the German border, only 350 metres away.
Additional bike rides around the countryside and into the adjacent Rimburger Forest start from right outside the site, so pick up a map from reception and pedal off. But if you're particularly driven to visit as many places as is humanly possible on your south Limburg sojourn, it's a cinch to drive to from here to the likes of Aachen (35 minutes' drive), Dusseldorf (an hour and 10 minutes) and Cologne (an hour and 20).
As you might then need restful times, book some time in for lazy days on site too… As a family-friendly site, Camping de Watertoren is especially well set up for kids, with a small petting zoo, a paddling pool and not one but several playgrounds and sandboxes to keep all ages amused, and entertainment in high season for juniors as well as the grownups.
Another pool is on site for the adults, set beside the restaurant and its large lounge area with library, outdoor terrace and another playground.
For the essentials, and some little luxuries, the site shop sells groceries, a wide range of local produce, beer and wine, toiletries, gas cylinders and other camping kit. Order sandwiches, baguettes, cakes and tasty Limburg cakes daily before 5pm, to pick up the next morning at the Watertoren restaurant.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Große Stellplätze, schöner Spielplatz
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
This splendid South Netherlands setting is in prime position for family days out of all sorts, as well as enough walks and bike rides to keep you busy for weeks.
Start from the site or at nearby Junction 41 if cycling; for walking, routes number 176, 727 and 881 from the South Limburg Walking Guide booklet run past the grounds.
This is excellent land for kids too, with a theme park, indoor skiing and a dinosaur forest all within a short drive. The kids will probably want to start off first at Mondo Verde, the theme park and gardens with a dinosaur forest, zoo and aviary, and then zip along to the vast indoor ski resort of SnowWorld Landgraaf, both within 15 minutes' drive of the site.
Then seek some time to see the 80 or so African animal species at GaiaZOO, or have a day at Parkstad Plaza, a leisure complex with miniature golf, bowling and a soft play centre; both are within 15 to 20 minutes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping de Watertoren have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping de Watertoren dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping de Watertoren? This splendid South Netherlands setting is in prime position for family days out of all sorts, as well as enough walks and bike rides to keep you busy for weeks. Start from … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping de Watertoren?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.