This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Rural family park in the Limburg hills on the Mergellandroute
- Within 35 minutes' drive of Maastricht, Liège and Aachen
- Playground, football field and lots of green space
For a happy hol in the hills of Limburg, it's off to Camping Heyenrade you go – this peaceful and rural green space lies in the Limburg hills between Slenaken and Epen on the spectacular 110-kilometre Mergellandroute.
As you’d expect from such a scenic countryside site (and this one most definitely makes that list), hikes and bike rides are all around here, through the local landscapes of meadows, farmland, forests and traditional villages…
But if you’re into city slicking? The park’s well placed for urban adventures too: Maastricht is half an hour’s drive for medieval architecture and a studenty cultural scene set against the backdrop of a cobbled old town, while Belgium’s Liège – with its Romanesque Church of St Bartholomew and Grand Curtius archaeological and art museum – is 35 minutes away.
Germany’s spa city of Aachen also takes 35 minutes to reach – stop by if only to check out ancient finds like the shrine of Charlemagne… And if you’re taking the Mergellandroute (much recommended), towns and cities along the way include Maastricht, Bunde, Willem and Hulsberg; just look out for the Royal Dutch Touring Club (AWNB) signs to guide you.
Back on site, a playground, football field and lots of green space are where to send kids who haven’t expended all their energy exploring. A public pool is at Mosaqua in Gulpen, five kilometres away for dips, and the local village of Slenaken a few minutes’ drive or around 20 minutes’ walk has a supermarket where you can sort snacks.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
nice size grass pitches quiet
Wish we could have stayed longer but had a ferry to catch!
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Gulpen, on the Gulp river, is 10 minutes’ drive from the site, and it's a place of buildings with oodles of history. Neuborg Castle is here for walks around tree-lined lands, and the Klooster Wittem and Redemptoristenklooster monasteries also sit on the boundaries of the pretty riverside town. Voeren is another local spot to mosey around, a Belgian enclave of Flanders 15 minutes away with a winery, fort and castle.
For other urban options, travel 25 minutes or so for Valkenburg, which has a spa and stately homes balanced out by activities of a more modern nature – like a casino. It’s also got the Sprookjesbos theme park, including a 15-acre Fairytale Forest with statues and buildings celebrating the stories of Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen.
To take on bigger cities, Germany’s Cologne is an hour and 20 minutes away. If you're heading here, make sure to set time aside to puff up the multiple steps to the top of the tall cathedral and get snapping the memorable views over the river and old town.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Heyenrade have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Heyenrade dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Heyenrade? Gulpen, on the Gulp river, is 10 minutes’ drive from the site, and it's a place of buildings with oodles of history. Neuborg Castle is here for walks around tree-lined lands, and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Heyenrade?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime