This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- The most northern campsite in the Netherlands
- Many outdoor activities available nearby
- Common room, trampoline and jungle gym
Go north, intrepid traveller: Camping Lentemaheerd is in the Netherlands's Groningen province, the most northerly in all the land, and a green space full of splendid scenery and crisscrossed by hiking and biking trails all around its flat terrain.
And go even more north, as this campsite in this northern province is the most northerly in all of Holland, set near the Wadden Sea in the municipality of Eemsmond. As you might reckon, this is proper outdoorsy land, and just the ticket for nature fans and active types; pack a lunch, lace up your sturdy boots and stride off out into the local landscape. (Not quite sure where to start? The Lentemaheerd team can help you plot your trips.)
Back at base, totter in after a long day's traversing the local terrain and flop down in the common room for a rest, telly watch or to avail of the board games and books while the kids let off any extra steam in the indoor play area. Outdoors, there's a pétanque court, a trampoline and a jungle gym, and the site facilities of a modern heated toilet and shower block, a washing-up area and a wetroom for disabled guests.
Camping Lentemaheerd doesn't have a restaurant, but the team will be happy to point you in the direction of their local faves.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Stacks is around to see and do in the northern chunk of the province of Groningen, from fun-filled family days to active afternoons hiking and biking the Camping Lentemaheerd surrounds – or days and evenings among the bars and restaurants of student city Groningen 23 kilometres away.
Family days can keep it simple with wanders on the nearby mudflats and the sandbank Simonszand, or around the Nationaal Park Lauwersmeer on the border between Groningen and Friesland. For more organised days, the Seal Rescue Centre (SRRC) in Pieterburen, Wadden Sea World, Insect World in Leens or the maze at the Menkemaborg are all popular family day picks.
Other excellent options are a potter around the old fishing port of Noordpolderzijl, the smallest seapotrt oin the Netherlands and five kilometres away, or catching a ferry from the big port of Eemshaven to the German island of Borkum, for ambles along kilometres' worth of sandy beaches and bike tours among the splendid local landscape.
The island's Gezeitenland water and wellness complex does spa treatments if you want to stick around for a bit longer.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Lentemaheerd have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Lentemaheerd dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Lentemaheerd? Stacks is around to see and do in the northern chunk of the province of Groningen, from fun-filled family days to active afternoons hiking and biking the Camping Lentemaheerd surrounds – or … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Lentemaheerd?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.