This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site in a nature reserve 10 minutes' drive from Beetsterzwaag
- Fishing stream for perch, pike and eels running alongside
- Spacious pitches, horse stabling, TV room, tea garden and terrace
Small, serene and just simply, properly, scenic... welcome to peaceful and handsome Camping het Koningsdiep in the famed and popular North Netherlands region of Friesland.
Wildlife watchers can roam contently here: het Koningsdiep is in a nature reserve and wildlife haven of valleys, streams, the Olterterp and Beetsterzwaag forests and the moorlands of Lippenhuizen and Bakkeveen. If bug hunting and nature spotting isn't your bag, there are cycling paths and farm routes to ride and hike around instead, and just behind the site is the het Koningsdiep stream for the landing of pike, perch and slippery eels.
Horse riding trails aplenty are in the area too (you can stable your own steed at the het Koningsdiep stables); for urban sightseeing and supplies, the restaurants, shops and galleries of Beetsterzwaag are within 10 minutes' drive and Opsterland within 15. The fine – and famed – Golf & Country Club Lauswolt is five minutes' drive away.
Snacks, drinks, meals and ice creams are available at the site canteen, tea garden and terrace for sustenance between nature spotting and sightseeing; there's a cosy TV room for lounging about at afterwards, a self-service machine for tea and coffee, and a games cupboard with board and card games.
Pitches at Camping het Koningsdiep are spacious and on grass, within easy reach of the well-kept and wheelchair-accessible amenities block (cleaned at least twice a day and heated in autumn and winter).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Get out cycling, canoeing or horse riding from here, along the local paths, riding routes or waters of the het Koningsdiep, and further afield around the forests, valley, heaths and nature reserves of south-eastern Friesland.
For hiking, nature walks and general wandering, ask the site team about the farm routes, church routes and Klokkenstoel routes around this scenic countryside and its old villages. Plenty more fishing spots are around too for eager anglers: around 100,000 fisherfolk come to Friesland annually to try their luck in the region's lakes and canals.
Busy town days are easily sorted from here too, with Friesland capital Leeuwarden 35 minutes' drive away and the lively university town of Groningen within 40.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Het Koningsdiep have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Camping Het Koningsdiep dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Het Koningsdiep? Get out cycling, canoeing or horse riding from here, along the local paths, riding routes or waters of the het Koningsdiep, and further afield around the forests, valley, heaths and nature reserves … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Het Koningsdiep?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-park accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.