This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly site on the banks of the Sneekermeer
- 15 minutes' drive from Sneek and the National Model Railway Museum
- Sailing school, harbour and watersports rentals on site
Sailing sorts and budding boaties alike, cruise along to RCN Camping De Potten for days spent pottering around on and by the waters of the Sneekermeer, one of the Friesian lakes.
Life at the park, 15 minutes’ drive from the city of Sneek, pretty much revolves around the water. Boat owners can moor their vessels in the harbour by the site, while newbies learn the basics or up their skills with lessons from the on-hand experts. Rowing and sailing boats, pedalos and canoes can be hired, and there are lots of little clearings for anglers too.
There are plenty of other things to get up to, such as wandering over to the beach, where there’s a safe swimming area and plenty of sand and grass to sprawl out on for post-swim sunbathing. All sorts of dry-side activities exist here too: a multisports field and a beach volleyball court for team games, along with a tennis court, table tennis, table football and giant chess.
Kids can aim for a hole in one at the miniature golf course, climb and slide at the playground or jump around on the trampolines. And that’s before they’ve even started perusing the extensive menu of activities in high season – face painting, crafts, circus skills and all sorts await.
The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with snacks and drinks available all day. There's also a site shop for barbecue bits, and a croissanterie with fresh supplies to tear into every day.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
met de plaats waar ik stond en personeel zeer behulpzaam …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
This part of Friesland is mighty green and pleasant, and crossed with a network of canals, rivers and lakes that make for excellent exploring by boat, by bike or on foot. However you roam, there are lots of little villages and towns around the area too for wanderings and scarfing coffee and pancakes in cosy cafés.
For a change of scenery, take a half-hour drive to the Gaasterland forests around Oudemirdum, where you can walk and cycle on paths that run down to the coast of the IJsselmeer. If the weather’s not conducive to outdoorsy pursuits, take the kids to the Ballorig indoor play centre in Heerenveen, half an hour away, or clamber up the walls of De Stolp climbing centre, 15 minutes away.
Another kid-friendly day out is Aqua Zoo, 40 minutes away in the car. All manner of aquatic mammals call this home, including penguins, seals and flamingoes, along with others such as wallabies and gibbons.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|RV, trailer and tent sites|
|Arrive:||noon –||7 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11:30 a.m.|
Camping De Potten cancelation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancelations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Local city tax of €1.25 ($1.47) per person per night at least age 3 is not included and must be paid on arrival.
Payment methods accepted at the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsPark booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping De Potten have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping De Potten dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping De Potten? This part of Friesland is mighty green and pleasant, and crossed with a network of canals, rivers and lakes that make for excellent exploring by boat, by bike or on foot. However … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping De Potten?
RV, trailer and tent sites Arrive: noon – 7 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.