This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small farm site on the edge of the Drents-Friese Wold National Park
- 20 minutes' drive from the TT circuit in Assen
- Playground, bike hire and farm animals on site, with fresh eggs to buy
Select a stay at De Goede Weide Recreatie and it’s quite possible you’ll be spending your time with just as many animals as people – this Oude Willem site is a bijou little place with just a handful of (pleasingly spacious) pitches for humanfolk that would like to come and dwell alongside the resident population of friendly goats, ponies, chickens and rabbits.
Those chickens lay eggs of course (as chickens tend to), and guests can find them for sale at reception along with ice creams and home-baked rolls to munch on. Reception’s also the place to sort bike hire and quiz knowledgeable staff about the best walking and cycling routes in the neighbouring Drents-Friese Wold National Park.
Around the site there’s plenty of space to run about and play games (kids, dogs and grownups all invited), and things specially for the nippers: a playground, trampoline, table tennis, table football and go-karts should keep them happy for an hour or few.
All the basics are here, too – electrical connections, free wifi, a launderette and a heated modern toilet block. Electric bike owners will no doubt be chuffed to note they can recharge their trusty steeds on site as well.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Small (11-25 sites)
There are paths leading directly from the site into the neighbouring Drents-Friese Wold National Park. but before you excitedly stride or pedal off, it’s worth having a chat with the folks on site, for this place is a recognised partner of the park and can furnish you with all the insider info you need to make the most of your day(s) out – there are 6000 acres of forest, heath and sand dune to select from, after all.
If you’d like to see the countryside at a more leisurely pace, take a 10-minute walk over to Huifkarverhuur Estelle, where you can take a scenic trip in a horse-drawn cart. And if you prefer your animals with a little more of an exotic edge, Taman Indonesia animal park is around a 20-minute drive away.
Petrolheads may well want to check out what’s on at the TT circuit in Assen, a 20-minute drive from the farm – if there are no races on to watch you can also take tours and even zoom around the circuit yourself on a track day.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does De Goede Weide Recreatie have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is De Goede Weide Recreatie dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near De Goede Weide Recreatie? There are paths leading directly from the site into the neighbouring Drents-Friese Wold National Park. but before you excitedly stride or pedal off, it’s worth having a chat with the folks on … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of De Goede Weide Recreatie?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 1 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon