This park does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this park, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful family-friendly park with entertainment on weekends
- On the edges of Nieuw-Weerdinge and 20 minutes' drive to Wildlands zoo
- Air hockey, film showings and terrace; trout fishing within 15 minutes
Get the whole family together at Minicamping Drentse Monden on your next trip in the Netherlands… this neat park less than a five-minute drive from the village of Nieuw-Weerdinge is a friendly place for dawdling around Drenthe or staying put and soaking up the peaceful atmosphere with a drink on the terrace.
On weekends, the vibes get a little more lively as entertainment (like karaoke, bingo and kids’ parties) is organised. Younger tourers can also spend their time at the air hockey table in the games area or watching the morning film showings while parents cosy up by the fireplace with a cup of tea. For brekkie, lunch or dins, Nieuw-Weerdinge has restaurants to eat at less than a five-minute drive away, as well as supermarkets and bakeries for quick snacks.
The area also has much to keep families busy: Wildlands adventure zoo, where you can walk through the habitats of various animals, is 20 minutes’ drive away in Emmen, and Plopsa Indoor Coevorden amusement park is just past here (about half an hour away from the site) with its colourful shows and rides for kids.
Also south of the town (about 30 minutes’ drive away) is Grote Rietplas lake with its sandy banks; if you’re keen on catching fish instead of swimming with them, seek out one of the many canals around Nieuw-Weerdinge or trawl for trout in a pond within cycling distance of the site (about 40 minutes by bike).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Good facilities, very clean. Nice space for pitching a tent, …
|Reviews in other languages appear below.|
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Hiking is possible around the local area: take walks or ride horses at the De Hondsrug UNESCO Global Geopark (20 minutes’ drive), then let the water wash over you in the woodland pools after exploring some of the area’s ancient tombs.
For other expeditions with a historical flavour, the monastery in Ter-Apel is worth a wander around (about 10 minutes from the site), as is the Ellert en Brammert open-air museum (25 minutes) in Schoonoord where you can learn about the way people lived during the times when peat digging was the main way of life in this part of the Netherlands.
If you fancy squeezing a bit of German culture into your trip alongside the Dutch, you could also always head for the border about 15 minutes’ drive away…
- Does Minicamping Drentse Monden have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Minicamping Drentse Monden dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Minicamping Drentse Monden? Hiking is possible around the local area: take walks or ride horses at the De Hondsrug UNESCO Global Geopark (20 minutes’ drive), then let the water wash over you in the woodland … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Minicamping Drentse Monden?
RV, travel trailer and tent sites Arrive: 3:30 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.